Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anywhere in town that sells thermal paste??

Options
  • 25-02-2008 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Sorry for such a dumb question, but ive just recieved my new CPU and Gfx card, but ive no thermal paste for the cpu! i dont really want to waste another 2 or 3 days waiting for an order fromt he internet jsut for something so small. I called peats but they were out, cant get an answer in maplins, anywhere else anyone knows of??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

What town ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8 IIS

I tried town before, without any luck, try Maplin or PC World in Blanchardstown.
    Please note that the PC World staff most likely won't have clue eventhough they might have it in stock...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Maplins do in the one beside Smyths, but not at the one on Dame St (at least they didn't a month or 2 ago when Iwas looking). Ring them and check I'd say. Peats, Marx and IT Direct might be able to help too.

great suff guys, finally got through to maplins, they have it in stock alright, you can lock this if ya like. just didnt want to have to wait any longer to get this bad boy built!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Peats (on Parnell Street) also have Arctic Silver 5, or at least they did the last time i was in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

0ubliette wrote: »
    great suff guys, finally got through to maplins, they have it in stock alright, you can lock this if ya like. just didnt want to have to wait any longer to get this bad boy built!! :D

If its a quadcore cpu make sure its branded stuff like AC5 or MX-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Did you not get thermal paste with/on your cpu cooler (which unless you're overclocking should be ok and even if you're overclocking on some coolers -freezer 7 pro- it's already perfectly applied)?

Did you not get thermal paste with/on your cpu cooler (which unless you're overclocking should be ok and even if you're overclocking on some coolers -freezer 7 pro- it's already perfectly applied)?

nah, none came with it, i just popped open the box to check, and nothing there. Just got some in maplins anyway, akasa silver based compound, and no, no overclocking will be done

Advertisement