Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ftp connection dropping

Options
  • 25-02-2008 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭

I use both coffeecup direct ftp and dreamweaver mx to ftp to my site. Both ftp sessions time out frequently. I could be in the middle of uploading 100's of files and it stops halfway through, is this usual? And if not where would the fault most likely lie, with my hosting provider?

Also is there any way to do a count of the files that I have on one of the folders I have uploaded?
    I want to make sure that all the files I wanted are uploaded, as there can be several hundred files in a folder it's not something I want to do manually.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭yeraulone

I've had that problem with coffeecup as well, when uploading a large amount of files. I'm not sure if coffeecup was to blame, but I switched to cuteftp and it seemed to upload ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭luckylucky

This seems to be workign much better already. There's a smart stay alive option on it set by default, this appears to make a big difference. I also can do a file count on it, to make sure it matches with my local files. :).

nice one. Thanks a lot :D.

Advertisement