Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power shower not working

Options
  • 25-02-2008 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

I have just moved into our first home and noticed that the power shower in the ensuite is not working and neither is the little fan above it.

The vendor bought a replacement fan which seems to be the wrong type, it has a cord to switch it on instead of coming on when you switch on the light.

The important thing is getting the shower working.

There is an electric shower in the bathroom, and AFAIK you can only have one per house.

So, Can have anyone shed some light as to where to start to fix the power shower, there is a dribble of water coming out of it and nothing else.

Do I need to switch on the emersion or something to make it work?

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Is the power shower run from a pump?

My new house has a pump in the hot press which can be turned off and on.

Look for a switch in the hotpress for the pump.

Garyh3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Thanks Gary,

Am not sure, I assume that they run on a pump. I will check the hotpress this evening.

The GF's friend said he would look at it but I just want to try and cover areas that I might not have thought about.

I reckon that there might be something wrong with the pump itself.

Advertisement