Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blessington-Dublin Commute.

Options
  • 25-02-2008 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I am living in Blessington and working in the city centre. I am currenly driving to Balally luas stop and getting the Luas into town. This takes me normally an hour and a half every day. I have tried the Red Cow Luas Park and ride also. It takes the same amount of time getting into work but getting home is about 20mins faster.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get into town in a better amount of time? Parking in town is unfortunately not an option and the 65 bus is completely out of the question because it takes 2 hours!!!

Thanks!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

How long is it taking you to get to Balally? Which way do you go? I did that commute for 3 and a half years now im going Blessington to Dun Laoghaire. I know a few short cuts if you want to know them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭funky_monkey

bet you know i know the shortcuts you go!

up over bohernabreena and right at old mill then up the oldcourt road etc.?? if so I do the same, takes me just under an hour. then 20mins on Luas approx and ten min walk to work.

how long does it take you to get to Dun L? Have applied for a job out there!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

That's the way I go too, and takes about the same length of time. Would love to hear if anyone knows of any shorter 'short cuts'!

do you come home that way too convert? when the traffic is really really bad there at the old mill, have you ever gone over the scarey mountains and down through bohernabreena village?

At the top of the oldcourt road go right and drive up towards that kinda car park (where all the doggers go!) and go straight up the road, its the sally gap road. the next right turn (its a very sharp one) take that and it brings you down to bohernabreena village.

Now just so you know, that road is very dangerous!I wouldnt do it in the dark. There are always pikeys up there burning rubbish or cars!

it's an extra 15mins or so but it beats sitting in traffic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

At the top of the oldcourt road go right and drive up towards that kinda car park (where all the doggers go!)

Is it the one on the Kilkee road (entrance to hell fire club)...?

So that's what all the cars park there for. I always assumed they were checking out the view or something :o
    Now just so you know, that road is very dangerous!I wouldnt do it in the dark. There are always pikeys up there burning rubbish or cars!

There is also a part of that road with major humps - just before the very steep turn that leads down to the houses in Bohernabreena - and I've sometimes encountered cows on the road. Be careful.

• Advertisement

Ok, follow me on Google Earth if you have to.

There are many ways to go depending on where im going like Dundrum, Ballinteer, Dun L.

Leave Bless.
    At Brittas take right onto Bohernabreena Road. (took approx 10mins)
    Get into Oldbawn (another 10mins)
    Take a right onto Old Court View.
    Immediate right.
    Come to a mini roundabout take the 9oclock (right turn).
    Next mini roundabout take first exit (left).
    Follow the road (Old Court Road) until you are at the top of the hill (used to be a roadworks block forcing you to take the right turn) take the right turn.
    Follow the road until you get to a steep hill with a T junction at the top, turn left onto Stocking Road.
    Then take a right onto Mount Venus Road.
    Follow this road to a T junction then take a left then an immediate right (kindof a U turn onto a different road).
    Follow this road to a roundabout, take the first exit.
    Take a right turn onto College Road.
    At the end of this road take a left for Ballinteer or Dundrum. (all that takes 10mins, so 30mins here).
    If you want to go to Dun L during rush hour...
    take the road which goes to the right, carry on until you get to a second set of lights turn left for Sandyford to go to Dun L that way or hop on the M50, otherwise go straight through.
    At roundabout take first exit, next a big roundabout take first exit (more than halfway around).
    Next roundabout take 3rd exit then straight and you come to the Stillorgan Dual Carriageway, and Im sure its sign posted from there.

Any questions just ask, there are other ways to go but this is the best during rush hour (especially in the evenings). Journey to Dun L should take approx 40-50mins depending on time of day, road conditions etc.

If any1 knows how I can show this journey on Google Earth please let me know

have you ever got the 65 to work? got the 8.15 bus last week and got into town at 10.20. what a service! they should get that old tram back!

when they blocked up that estate there that lead you out to the bohernabreena road, it was the saddest day ever!

have you ever got the 65 to work? got the 8.15 bus last week and got into town at 10.20. what a service! they should get that old tram back!

when they blocked up that estate there that lead you out to the bohernabreena road, it was the saddest day ever!

I know i was so pissed off!

not a chance im going anywhere near the 65 except for overtaking it. It is ridiculous and they wont extend the luas to Blessington because they say there wont be enough demand for it

well i do think they are kinda right. I remember back in my day (not that long ago!) I used to get the 65 to school and it used to be jammers. Nowadays there's not that many on it at all. Don't get me wrong I would love it if they did bring to blessington!

it would save me a fortune as well as time. Ah sure least I have a car, i think I would rather work in Dempsey's than get the 65 everyday!

Advertisement