Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move to Clane?

• 25-02-2008 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭

hello everyone,

me and my bf are thinking about moving to Clane from Blessington.
    I work in the city centre and it currently takes me about an hour and a half to get into work and home.

I will have to get public transport (EUGH!):D from Clane because don't have the option of driving the car. How long approx does it take a bus to get into town and back from Clane does anyone know?

All comments appreciated!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

i dont think dublin bus go to clane but there is a service by an independent company as far as i know.how regular it is i dont know though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

Bus Eireann goes from clane very regularly, see route 120 on buseireann.ie. It takes about 50 minutes to drop you right at O'Connell street.

Definitely an improvement over blessington :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

I live in clane, bus 120 is your man, but i sometimes regret i didnt move to maynooth or sallins, They both have train stations...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭funky_monkey

and how long does the bus take on average?would it be any faster driving to red cow and getting the luas. have been doing that this week and it's great. if it wasn't for the poxy schoolkids we would all have no problem getting to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭stek

bus takes about 1hr 10min in rush hour.It's very regular in the mornings, never not turned up. I wouldnt bother driving to luas, you have traffic going both ways, and its alot less stressful to fall onto the bus and read or sleep..buses are the national buses and are very comfortable..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 April08

Bus Eireann is definitely the way to go!!! Very regular at rush hours but at the weekend its a bit irregular.... !!! But if you just want to use it at peak times its definitely the way to go..... only a few stops on way intoloutof Dublin. Drivers are mostly very friends and get to know their locals... You can buy a yearly ticket and offset against your tax...... Forget the train... u will end up like a saradine and never get a seat......!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭funky_monkey

cool thanks! yeah we went down there yesterday for a goosy gander. Some lovely apartments around there. Seriously considering it now!
    Much cheaper to rent than Blessington too.

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Advertisement