Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 Volkswagen Scirocco

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

myeh..!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

The inside looks Honda Civic-ish (all that glowing blue)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

New Mitsu Lancer meets Volvo C30 meetc mini clubman...

Wouldn't be raving about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hasn't changed much from the Iroc concept car!

Wait a minute... those pics are of the iroc!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Old news. Looks ok though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Looks like a badly modified A3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,337 ✭✭✭blackbox

...an insult to Giugaro's legacy. The original Mk.1 Scirocco was one of the most immaculately proportioned cars ever.

Let VW make a Golf coupe if they wish, but can they please give it a different name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

One word - why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Boggins127

Pure sexy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Boggins127 wrote: »
    Pure sexy

OMG, pure 9 months ago:p

• Advertisement

OMG, pure 9 months ago:p
    sure didn the yoke only come onto the market no???

sure didn the yoke only come onto the market no???

Just abouts.

Just abouts.
    yeah saw it at the local vw dealer
    pure brillance pillarless doors and a 2.0 tsi engine unreal machine pitty i jus bought the 08 passat tsi lol

yeah saw it at the local vw dealer
    pure brillance pillarless doors and a 2.0 tsi engine unreal machine pitty i jus bought the 08 passat tsi lol

Ah ya but the Passat is still a cracking car. I'm guessin it's the 122bhp? How do you find it on power?

Ah ya but the Passat is still a cracking car. I'm guessin it's the 122bhp? How do you find it on power?
    ah man its a rocket tellin ya that never expected it ouwer a 1.4 yeh its the 122bhp hit 200k on the m1 bu had plenty more in her. I rekon they made it 4 the autobahn in germany because id say it wud easily hit 240kph. cracking car

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

alias no.9 wrote: »
    Looks like a badly modified A3

+1

Yuk

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

ah man its a rocket tellin ya that never expected it ouwer a 1.4 yeh its the 122bhp hit 200k on the m1 bu had plenty more in her. I rekon they made it 4 the autobahn in germany because id say it wud easily hit 240kph. cracking car

Try English the next time please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

That was the concept. The actual car is below

volkswagen-scirocco-2008-743809.jpg?w=300&h=225

scirocco6.jpg
    scirocco4.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I really can't see the point in this car and I think they are really stretching it calling this a coupe - its a 3 door and nothing else.

Are they replacing the 3 door Golf with this or are the VAG group now hell bent on having 2 cars in every segment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Oh god..lol

thanks for that post. Great laughs. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Making this car even more odd is the fact that the Mk VI Golf GTI has pretty much the same engine with 10bhp more and a new-gen interior for roughly the same money.

Stephen wrote: »
    Making this car even more odd is the fact that the Mk VI Golf GTI has pretty much the same engine with 10bhp more and a new-gen interior for roughly the same money.

Ah ya but you can get the 1.4 as well...

which the golf also has...

Ah right

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

You should tell VW it'll easily do 240, they reckon the top speed is just over 200.

1222bhp is stioll 122bhp, it's not a bloody space rocket.

Bog standard N/A family saloon engines were getting 100bhp 10 years ago.

Looks like the Golfs Lambo performance is starting to spill up into the Passat.

As for the Scirocco? Whats the point, it's just a VW that they decided to cash in on and stick a popular name on. It has no relevance to the original.

Stekelly wrote: »
    You should tell VW it'll easily do 240, they reckon the top speed is just over 200.

1222bhp is stioll 122bhp, it's not a bloody space rocket.

Bog standard N/A family saloon engines were getting 100bhp 10 years ago.

Looks like the Golfs Lambo performance is starting to spill up into the Passat.

As for the Scirocco? Whats the point, it's just a VW that they decided to cash in on and stick a popular name on. It has no relevance to the original.

Ehh i was just wondering have you driven this car. 240kph is 149 mph so i can see that car hitting that. And i dunno were you got your information but if it was wikipedia they rekon the 1.6fsi engine would only hit 200kph i have been in the 1.4tsi driving it on the m1 doing just 200kph and it felt like it had more to give but maybe not 40 more but at least 20-30 more thats still very quick for the 1.4 engine.

ClioV6 wrote: »
    Oh god..lol

thanks for that post. Great laughs. :D

So funny want to explain

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

blackbox wrote: »
    ...an insult to Giugaro's legacy. The original Mk.1 Scirocco was one of the most immaculately proportioned cars ever.

Let VW make a Golf coupe if they wish, but can they please give it a different name.
    +1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

So funny want to explain

Yeah, your post was that that an 18 year old skanger would make. Quite funny.

Also, ya have 120bhp and you think that you could get up to anywhere near 149mph? Get real.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R_lVmthUVg&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

looks like it should have an alfa romeo badge on it for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ehh i was just wondering have you driven this car. 240kph is 149 mph so i can see that car hitting that. And i dunno were you got your information but if it was wikipedia they rekon the 1.6fsi engine would only hit 200kph i have been in the 1.4tsi driving it on the m1 doing just 200kph and it felt like it had more to give but maybe not 40 more but at least 20-30 more thats still very quick for the 1.4 engine.

I got my info off the official VW site, who reckon the top speed is 203, which if anything like manufacturers mpg figures, needs optimum conditions to be achieved.

Do you honestly think 122bhp means more when it's in a VW than any other car?

VW give the top speed of the Golf GTI as 146mph with a 2.0l 197bhp engine, but you think they can get more from their 122bhp 1.4? While also carrying something like 200kg more weight(and forgot to tell anyone) Your head is so far in the clouds your hitting the moon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Speedo over-reading slightly anyone? They all do it...

Advertisement