Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2008 Volkswagen Scirocco

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

Stekelly wrote: »
    As for the Scirocco? Whats the point, it's just a VW that they decided to cash in on and stick a popular name on. It has no relevance to the original.

But the original was exactly the same thing: a Golf in drag.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Zube wrote: »
    But the original was exactly the same thing: a Golf in drag.
    Sure, but the original was a far sharper suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

the Origional was at least a Coupe, as was the Corrado, this new Scirocco? its just a squashed golf, its in no way shape or form a coupe

its a 3 door hatch simple as, it should be called the Golf "sport" or something along those lines, its a shame they have called it the Scirocco IMO

how long till there is a 5 door version? :p

and an MPV version, the Scirocco Plus? :p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

siralfalot wrote: »
    and an MPV version, the Scirocco Plus?

I hear the 5 dr Scirocco Touring Plus GT TDI is a weapon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Stephen wrote: »
    Making this car even more odd is the fact that the Mk VI Golf GTI has pretty much the same engine with 10bhp more and a new-gen interior for roughly the same money.

Actually isn't the Scirocco with the 2 litre turbo cheaper than the Golf? Doesn't that beg the question as to why one would buy the horrible looking Golf instead of a fairly decent looking Scirocco?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Boggins127

Standing by what i said drive one and you will know.
    thanks dave:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Boggins127 wrote: »
    Standing by what i said drive one and you will know.
    thanks dave:cool:

You can stand by it all you like. I'll believe the people that make the thing thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Arse like an old Civic.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sunshimmer

LOVES IT!
    I went for white 2.0tdi with upgrade 235 18s. Hope its nice now. I was a bit worried about the white.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

siralfalot wrote: »
    the Origional was at least a Coupe, as was the Corrado, this new Scirocco? its just a squashed golf, its in no way shape or form a coupe

its a 3 door hatch simple as, it should be called the Golf "sport" or something along those lines, its a shame they have called it the Scirocco IMO

how long till there is a 5 door version? :p

and an MPV version, the Scirocco Plus? :p:p
    Erm, the original scirocco and corrado where both hatchbacks, so making a them a 3 door hatchbacks, basically a golf with a lower roofline and four seats....wait the new scirocco is just like that!

Stunning car from most sides except the rear, what where they thinking! Hmmm, the new 6 series comes to mind when it comes to bad rears!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 sunshimmer

I like the back of it! Don't think the view is great out the rear window though ...parking fun ahead..agree on the coupe bit. Not sure it's really a coupe.

Don't think it's a squashed Golf though.The MKV and IV are in a different direction

Advertisement