Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full Gamer Points?

• 25-02-2008 12:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from the recent "Toughest Achievements" thread .... what games have you got 1000 gamer points for (or what XBLA games do you have 200 points for?)

Usually to get full points, you have to put in hours and hours beyond completing the game ... if you did it, was it worth it? :)

Which games were a bitch to get 1000 on, and which ones were really easy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

i havent got a max score on any game.

im going to set me sights on bioshock i have 850 at the mo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,804 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

None and likely to stay that way. Many of the gamer points are far too tough to get or require far too much time to be poured into the game so that the game is no longer fun. Still have far too many unplayed games to waste my time extending my e-penis.

Still one day I hope to get all the achievements in Geometry Wars, Robotron and Rush n' Attack :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Can't say gamer points mean anything to me... but I would have got full points on playing through King Kong, as it just gives you all the points for completing the game it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

None and likely to stay that way. Many of the gamer points are far too tough to get or require far too much time to be poured into the game so that the game is no longer fun

+1

Or require a ****ton of hours in online play when I'd prefer to play 2p splitscreen or co.op

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

None so far... If anything, I reckon Castlevania is the most likely game for me to focus on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I don't really give a toss about points. I got full points for just cause and oblivion though but thats just because they weren't too hard and I enjoyed playing the games through to get them. None of this kill 50,000 players w/ a single bullet bull****. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Some games you just cant help it though

I played some TMNT game my 5 year old nephew owned and just by finishing it on normal difficulty you get 1000 gamer points. It was really really easy too, finished it in 2 sittings I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭-annex-

One proper playthrough of Oblivion gets you 1000 points easy. No ridiculous challenges to complete; just finish the game and all quests and you have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Viva Pinata
    King Kong
    CoD2
    NFS:MW
    FIFA06:RTWC
    Oblivion (but 10 points disappeared due to a bug in the game)

Most of those you got all 1000 for finishing it.

Viva Pinata, CoD2 and Oblivion were all worth it as it gave me something to aim for in Viva Pintata (the game was largely objective free), CoD2 was a different game on Veteran than normal/hard and Oblivion meant you'd done all the major story quests for the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

COD4 - was very satisfying to get all 1000, particulariy the mile high club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Fight Night. Just playing through the game gets you the 1000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

havnt compelted any i dont think, got a massive urge to play oblivion though, really never gave that game a chance but after mass effect im well up for some rpg action

jsut got so many games to play

cod3,darkness,superman returns and conan all sitting there unfinished, not even half played, mustgive it a good lash through

just find it takes an eternity to kill enemies, and spells seem so weak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,892 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I have all the fight night ones, worms xbla adn UNO :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Some achievements are satisfying to get but i despise "sandbox" achievements. i.e. find 100 flags or 100 cd challenges. I dont go for those as they are boring.

I also despise games that make it too difficult to unlock gamerscore. Ive only something like 100 gamerscore on guitar hero 3 yet ive completed it a few times on different levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I've got the full quota for a few.

Got the full 200 for Gauntlet... really enjoyed getting it. It was completed with 2 friends, took a few hours. So much fun, just had a laugh as the game didn't require a lot of concentration.

Mate has the full 200 from marble blast... decent!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thats very cool... getting under par times for Marble Blast on the Advanced Levels would NOT be easy... (I'm finding pars on intermediate hard enough!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Mr E wrote: »
    Thats very cool... getting under par times for Marble Blast on the Advanced Levels would NOT be easy... (I'm finding pars on intermediate hard enough!).

Yup, the guy has a really low gamerscore, but is an all-round hero when it comes to games!! Halo 3 being a shining example!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Halo 3, COD2, Fight Night, Oblivion. Think that em all

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just got the full load of points from Dirt and Lego Star Wars II so far. I've been saving finishing off Oblivion for a while though so shall put some more hours into that soon to finish it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,899 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

http://profile.mygamercard.net/shane86

Oblivion (1250)
    Fight Night 3
    Harry Potter
    pro evo 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Oblivion.....until i got shivering isles,have 1225 now i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Fight Night. Just playing through the game gets you the 1000.

This.

Closest I've come in any other games is Assassin's Creed as you get most of the achievements by just playing and finishing the story. I don't have any of the stupid flag collecting achievements and I didn't get the conversationalist achievement so I'm not bothered playing through it all over again just to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

COD4
    FN3
    Madden 06

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Makaveli wrote: »
    This.

Closest I've come in any other games is Assassin's Creed as you get most of the achievements by just playing and finishing the story. I don't have any of the stupid flag collecting achievements and I didn't get the conversationalist achievement so I'm not bothered playing through it all over again just to get it.

i think i got 845 from completing it. i collected all the flags in the first city but thats cos you pass thru it so much and there are only 20. i also got the conversationlist thing by chance and the one for watching the credits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I have got the 1000 points in Pes6 and King Kong.
    Kong was easy if not repetitive and pes6 took a lot of online play to finish it but it was worth it imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

FIFA 06 RTFWC
    Fight Night Round 3
    Madden 06
    NBA Live 06
    2006 FIFA World Cup
    NHL 07
    NBA Street Homecourt
    FIFA Street 3

Uno

When your as mad about every sport as i am you tend to play almost every sports game and they tend to have much easier achievements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Fifa RTWC
    Fight Night

Not sure if I've any more?
    There are a few that I got all the single player ones but never bothered with the online ones, like with DiRT and stuntman ignition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Some of the online achievments in games are to be blunt complete balls.
    They completely play to the fanboi's.

The ones in Gears of War are a good example. Halo3 as well.
    Much preferred COD4's direction of all offline achievements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

None. The most gamerpoints I have in anyone game is about 500 on Burnout Paradise but I have played that for about 40 hours :eek:

• Advertisement

A-Trak wrote: »
    Some of the online achievments in games are to be blunt complete balls.
    They completely play to the fanboi's.

The ones in Gears of War are a good example. Halo3 as well.
    Much preferred COD4's direction of all offline achievements.

+1 completely agree

Advertisement