Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full Gamer Points?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Nearest I got was 930 on Dirt. Only missing some online points but not really that pushed about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭BloodSugarSex

i got the full 1000 for forza 2, the nearest i got after that was 980 on call of duty, still cant get that mile high club :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

A-Trak wrote: »
    Some of the online achievments in games are to be blunt complete balls.
    They completely play to the fanboi's.

The ones in Gears of War are a good example. Halo3 as well.
    Much preferred COD4's direction of all offline achievements.

Gears is the worst. Dont agree about Halo though, most of the points given are from single player campaign, collecting hidden items and completing higher difficulties.
    There are some very difficult ones to get online, but there worth little points. Think an overkill in ranked FFA is only worth 5 points, whereas completing a short mission in single player is worth 30+ afair :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I'd probably would of got it on Pro Evo 2008 if I actually liked the game.

Not ready to put in the effort with first person shooters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I've only gotten full points on a few arcade games: Uno, Hexic, Root Beer Tapper, Cloning Clyde, Bankshot Billiards & Marble Blast Ultra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Q_Ball wrote: »
    COD4 - was very satisfying to get all 1000, particulariy the mile high club

+1

COD4 favourite 1000 points ive gotten!
    Skate
    Assassins Creed
    bioshock im close to.. need to beat it on hard..

some others I cant remember lol

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

About 600 in Dead Rising is my highest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

dazftw wrote: »
    +1

Assassins Creed

some others I cant remember lol

OMG, you collected all those flags?? Soul destroying! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

As regards retail games, I've only got the all of the points in Oblivion and Tomb Raider Legend. I'm close with loads of games though, including Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Himan: Blood Money and Bioshock. I'm so close in COD4, just Mile High Club to get.

On the XBLA side, I've conquered SOTN and Golden Axe. I'm rather close with Sonic 1, 2 and Doom.

It's just a matter of devoting a few hours to these games, but there's such a constant stream of quality. I'm playing DMC4 at the moment, but that's really tough to get points out of. Two playthroughs and only 180 points! Still not as bad as Blue Dragon though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

A-Trak wrote: »
    Some of the online achievments in games are to be blunt complete balls.
    They completely play to the fanboi's.

The ones in Gears of War are a good example. Halo3 as well.
    Much preferred COD4's direction of all offline achievements.

I agree that COD4's offline only achievements is a great idea , it also stops gimps from cheating to get them in the middle of a game.Nothing worse then playing lone wolf and watching as the other 4 guys just standing there letting some fool kill them with a sword under 4 seconds.

The closest i got was with Prey - 650 points. It takes a pretty good game to make me go back just to get the points, Best example is crackdown climbing the agency tower is fun. Getting top of the world wide leader board for 50 points aint.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

faceman wrote: »
    OMG, you collected all those flags?? Soul destroying! ;)

The last few were anyway lol

I got 1000 in king kong aswell forgot that one...

XBLA games I got sonic 1 and carcosonne(spelling) and another one I think..

Also got 900 in harry potter.. just wasn't worth going back for the other 100..

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Closest I have gotten is 970 in Over G Fighters, only 1 achievement left to get but I need someone online to play against to level up to Predator rank seeing as no one plays this anymore as its a bit sh!t to most people.

If anyone needs a hand getting some online achievements text me on Live.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wow, I simply couldnt be arsed. Life is too short. :)

I never really got the idea of gamer points myself, I can see the (OCD) attraction but unless I can spend them somewhere, once the game gets boring it gets shelved in favour of the next :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

Got the full 1000 points in Fifa 06 RTWC and Pro Evo 6. Loves them football games I do:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Have a few.

Fight Night 3 was my first one as I got the game with my 360 when I bought it.

Think I have about 15 or so.

Superman Returns
    TMNT
    FIFA: RTWC
    NBA 2K6
    NHL 2K6
    Oblivion (not including Shivering Isles)
    Lost: Via Domus
    Bully: Scholarship Edition
    FIFA Street 3
    Spider-Man: FoF
    CSI: Hard Evidence
    Golden Axe (Arcade)
    Blazing Angels
    Madden 2006
    Open Season
    Fuzion Frenzy 2
    Cloning Clyde (Arcade)
    Enchanted Arms
    X-Men 3
    King Kong

Out of those, only Oblivion, Superman Returns and Bully required effort above and beyond though. I generally seem to just get around 50% of the points, and don't go into them too much. I'm a bastard for getting games on sale and having them hanging around. I've Golden Compass, Harry Potter, LotR: BfME, Hour of Victory, Ratouille, Hitman, Splinter Cell, Beowolf, Eternal Sonata and a few more which I've had for ages, and never got around to completing them properly. I'm waiting for a drought!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Get a life - stop trying to boast you have 70k points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Only have the grand in COD4, but I won't be going out of my way to get it again in a game. Especially when there's online events to be done.

Prefer to take a game on its merits and play it through for the enjoyment.

As for getting 5 achievement points for spending half your youth, collecting all the multi-colored rabbits, that have only 1 eye, and run left only on a Sunday - A quick note to game developers. This does not increase playability of a game - Cut it out and leave the achievement point related to gameplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Harsh! I don't think he's boasting, he's answering a question is all....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Wtf? You sound like a really bad youtube troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Wtf? You sound like a really bad youtube troll.

how???

i suspose your another person that thinks the more gamer points u have the better gamer u are. SAD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

how???

i suspose your another person that thinks the more gamer points u have the better gamer u are. SAD

Jesus.... how old are you?

how???

LOL,are you for real?
    You're the person who goes on about him having "no life" because he gave a genuine reply to the thread unlike half the posters here.
    In fact it was YOU that pointed out his score,not him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

LOL,are you for real?
    You're the person who goes on about him having "no life" because he gave a genuine reply to the thread unlike half the posters here.
    In fact it was YOU that pointed out his score,not him.

QFT

he even said himself he doesn't bother with trying to get the 1000 points in games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Wow, I'm sorry I dug this thread up now.:eek:

I've got 1000/1000 in Halo 3,fuzion frenzy 2,king kong and CSI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Fair play to ye. I simply don't have the patience to do any of them. I barely stay interested in a game long enough to get some points :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

DeVore wrote: »
    Wow, I simply couldnt be arsed. Life is too short. :)

DeV.

Thats funny coming from the guy with 18,200 posts :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

As was already said, wha now?

Anywho, I do think the achievements were a great addition. When games do it well, they really add to the experience. Taking for example Halo 3. Without the achievements for Legendary, my friend and I wouldn't have had a great laugh doing it co-op online. There are some games that totally mess things up (pretty much all the ones that I've listed as my 1000/1000 actually) that just give you points for strolling through the game without any challenge.

Taking the Ninja Gaiden achievements that were released today (Linky). These are a classic example of good and bad achievements. Good points for getting the game cleared on the highest difficulties. Bad points for crappy achievements for beating the game with a certain weapon only. To get all of those, assuming that the game clear achievements are stacked, you have to finish the game at least 8 times to get the full 1000/1000. That's pretty ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 WeAreBohs

Have only nearly gotten full gamer points in Fight night 3. Don't really see the point in playing the game after you have completed it just to get gamer points. Takes the fun out of it IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats funny coming from the guy with 18,200 posts :)
    I just checked (I honestly wouldnt have been able to tell you before) and I have 1070 points. That should be a bit more as I played most of Mass Effect (and finished it!) on my flatmate Monkair's account. I'm not sure where you got 18,200 from!

We got the xbox only a couple of months ago though, so give me a while!

I'm just making the point that once it ceases to be fun for me, well... I have about 20 games on my "must play that sometime" pile next to my console!

I would have more if werent addicted to playing Catan and Carcassonne I would have a few more I'm sure!

DeV.

Advertisement