Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Full Gamer Points?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Depeands on the game, Half Life 2 had some good ones that I went back and played again to get, to me they added game play to the game like completing Episode 1 and you are only allowed to fire 1 bullet, it makes you think how to use the games mechanics to your advantge more than you would do naturally. Or kill a Hunter with its own rounds it has just fired at you.

PGR4 also has some imaginative achievements like trying to get the De Lorean at exactly 88mph when lightning strikes and the 007 one.

Some games have some very hard achievements like the ones for C&C3, I would be very impressed if I saw someone with 400 or more points in that game because that would be a sign of a very good RTS gamer. Bragging rights basically.

But the points are not completly worthless, MS do run competitions from time to where you can win HDTVs, consoles and games due to the amount of points you rack up in a given time, say a month.

Achievements are also an exploite, as some devs know they can churn out sh!t games and achievement junkies will still buy them just to add to their overall score. I can't really understand people that do this unless you happen to realy like the game. I was into OverG Fighters, bought it because I liked it and you happened to get an achievement for each fighter you unlock which is why I'm still trying to the F-15 Gloden Eagle which happens to give you 30gp.

If you can't bothered with them then don't, but I've no time for people who personally attack others over the amount or lack there of of their gamer score. They have in a way added to gaming and also ruined it at the same time on the 360.

MS should include another catagory in the gamer tags, Pro, Recreation, Underground, Family and Achievement Fanatic:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,530 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

DeVore wrote: »
    I'm not sure where you got 18,200 from!
    He means your post count on boards, DeV... sounds like a dig at your 'lifes too short' comment. :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

oh haha... yes. I suppose my ownership of this site has no impact on that :)

I am guessing he might not know that, otherwise he might also know I've cycled accross Europe, walked accross Ireland, been the managing director of a 12 person company and crewed a sailing ship through a near-hurricane to recall a few things hahahah. My sig have some writings about my recent adventures too...
    I've packed a lot into this life already, more then most :)

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

DeVore wrote: »
    oh haha... yes. I suppose my ownership of this site has no impact on that :)

I am guessing he might not know that, otherwise he might also know I've cycled accross Europe, walked accross Ireland, been the managing director of a 12 person company and crewed a sailing ship through a near-hurricane to recall a few things hahahah. My sig have some writings about my recent adventures too...
    I've packed a lot into this life already, more then most :)

DeV.

You mean you're that DeVore... ;)

I really love gamerpoints, can't get enough of them. It's like the old arcade days when you constantly wanted to up your top score to compete with a friend. I'm the same with this. Have a good friend and we're always within 1500 points of each other. It's great!

Advertisement