Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which VRT office in Dublin?

Options
  • 25-02-2008 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,085 ✭✭✭✭

need to vrt new motor, just wondering which is the better office to goto?

ill be going some weekday morning and dont want to hang around half the day, is santry or tallaght busier? do either have parking? normally how long dya have to wait?

i assume all i need is a draft, my online quote (if they dont want to charge me more!!) and the v5 doc (minus the permament export section the seller removed)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

did you sell the BMW?

what are you picking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,085 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

yep sold it, picked up an e46 m3 at the weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

i also need to vrt motor, where about are the offices?? and are they open weekends??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Johnerr wrote: »
    i also need to vrt motor, where about are the offices?? and are they open weekends??

LOL-no. And you will do well to find one open during lunch, or even 9-5. The one in Naas only seems to open Wednesdays and Thursdays!

List is here

http://www.revenue.ie/doc/vro_contacts.doc

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

typical for ireland, not practical at all.
    Sound

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

Cyrus wrote: »
    need to vrt new motor, just wondering which is the better office to goto?

ill be going some weekday morning and dont want to hang around half the day, is santry or tallaght busier? do either have parking? normally how long dya have to wait?

i assume all i need is a draft, my online quote (if they dont want to charge me more!!) and the v5 doc (minus the permament export section the seller removed)

I've always used the Santry one, easier for me to get to. and yes they have parking outside. Last time i was there for 1.5 hours, was 4th Jan so expected that. Other time i was in and out in about 20 mins.

Just have all your docs ready, completed VRT4 form, draft and V5. Go about 3/3.30 if you don't want them to inspect the car, they close at 4 !!

Spent about 1.5 hours in Tallaght the last day. Pay parking outside. Office is closed during lunch but they work through the people waiting inside, so that's something I guess. They inspected around 50% of the cars there. The guy I went to inspected all the cars that came his way. He was ok though-gave me €2 for the parking meter when we were coming back in from the 'inspection'-I didn't have any change left.

Of course the GT spec still had to go off to Rosslare, so somewhat of a waste of time.

All extras were noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

I did Tallaght in 30mins on a weekday morning at 11am. I was lucky in that it wasn't busy and there were only two staff on and they didn't check my car. Presume they'll check a BMW.

I was in on a Monday at around 11.30, no surprise it was busy after the weekend I suppose. Seemed to be quite a few traders there.

Advertisement