Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where does Ark of Truth fit in with Atlantis?

• 25-02-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I suppose this is more of a thought than an actual question but I've been doing a bit of digging for the Ark of Truth movie coming out soon and I'm confused. Apparently Carter is still a full and active member of SG1 and there is no mention of her being given command of Atlantis and the same is apparently true for SG Continuum as well (IMHO Carter is a better character in the field than behind a desk but anyway)

So is it not a bit strange that the producers seem to be glossing over this little hiccup since her first season in SGA will be over before we get a chance to view her still in SG1? And it will no doubt be towards the end of season 5 of SGA before we see continuum where she is still in SG1? I'm confused! Have I missed a plot point somewhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Ark of Truth is set after SG-1 Season 10 ends and before Atlantis Season 4 begins, so by the time that Carter takes command of the Atlantis expedition it has already happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It doesnt! >(

I hope Continuum uses it time travel wizardy to make sure seasons 9 and 10 never happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Overheal wrote: »
    It doesnt! >(

I hope Continuum uses it time travel wizardy to make sure seasons 9 and 10 never happened.

What are you talking about!?!? Seasons 9 & 10 had a less stinkres then seasons 6 through 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What are you talking about!?!? Seasons 9 & 10 had a less stinkres then seasons 6 through 8.

You take that back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Never!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

SG1 without O'Neill was like a human body without a skeleton. Not pretty.

Where does Ark of Truth fit in with Atlantis? It goes in the bin, with Atlantis safely above it on the shelf beside the telly... for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Demonique

Both the SG1 movies take place between the last ep of SG1 and First Strike, the last ep of season three of Atlantis which explains why

Clone!Beckett thinks he's been prisoner for two years and NotaClone!Beckett has been dead for 18 months.

Usually in TV shows, a year passes show-time between the beginning of one season and the beginning of the next, so if this was the case the two years after No Man's Land wouldn't have passed until ep 1 of season five, but it looks like a period of a few months passed between either end of SG1 and First Strike or Vengeance and First Strike.

Actually come to think of it, one whole year passes between the the second eps of each season, because with cliff-hangers the last ep of each season and the first of the next take place immediately after each other. Then some time passes between the first and second eps of a season.
    In S2, the second ep had them returning from Earth after leave, they either had two months leave on Earth not including the three weeks it took to get back to Atlantis via Daedalus or they had been away from Atlantis for two months including leave and time spent on Daedy.
    Same thing happened on Voyager, season started with the second part of the Unimatrix Zero two-parter, next ep Captain's Log stated they had been in some desolate region of space for months

Advertisement