Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Euphony- Can I have broadband with Eircom ?

Options
  • 25-02-2008 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Went onto www.callcosts.ie last week to compare packages for a friend. Was amazed to find that Euphony had a package that gave 25 hours free per month for international calls to the UK, US, Australia and many more. As my friends make a large number of international calls, Euphony was miles cheaper than Eircom. Your bill for line rental remains with Eircom.

Given that the line rental is with Eircom, I was wondering if you could have a broadband package with Eircom and have your calls with Euphony.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i think ya can cos a friend moved to perlico from eircom and still has broadband with eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Yep, Euphony is a CPS provider, not WLR meaning you only have calls with them. You'll have line rental with Eircom and BB with whoever you like. (provided they offer you BB on its own, not part of a bundle)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

Thanks for replies. Looked at eircom.net but could not find anything.
    Made 2 calls to Eircom broadband sales but got cut off on both occasions. Have now e-mailed them but it could take two days for reply.

Will post their reply when I get it.

joebre

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

Does anyone know if Euphony have recently (or plan to soon) reduce the costs for calling mobiles?

Eircom have significantly cut some of their rates and, I think, the wholesale rates have also been re-jigged both up and down depending on Operator/Time.

Euphony's website has flat rates of 17c p/m for O2 & Voda, while Eircom are down as low as 10c pm for weekend calls.

Granted Eircom are more expensive at peak time and prices for call O2 seem to have increased also! Eircom don't mention the cost of calling Tesco Mobile either any ideas how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Using Telesavers you can make local rate calls to Australia etc, regardless of who your provider is. And if you have broadband you can use VOIP or Skype to get calls cheaply. So no need to pay Eircom rates in any case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement