Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Ballina Accomadation

Options
  • 25-02-2008 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭

Hi, im off to this town in Mayo next weekend. Can anyone recommend me a good hotel with reasonable price and close to town centre?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

Havent been to Ballina in years but I know the Ridge Pool Hotel is bang in the middle of town. Not sure how good it is though. The downhill is a taxi ride out of town and there is also another new Ramada opened up on the Dublin Rd. Check out tripadvisor:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g211864-Ballina_County_Mayo_Western_Ireland-Hotels.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

going by the post above this, the Ramada wouldn't be recommended!! plus,its too far out of town really for going out for a few pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I stayed in a really nice B&B behind the cathedral a while back. Can't remember the name now but you should consider B&Bs too, usually cheaper and better.

Your best bet is like Biko said to get a B&B. There is a lack of decent accomadation in the town at the minute. There is a B&B just down from the bus station which I've been told is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭bowsie casey

Don't stay in the Ridgepool - it's a run-down dump. Check out the posts in Trip Advisor - the bad ones are all true, and I suspect the good reviews are posted by the hotel management, because they are so far from the truth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement