Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using Spare Netopia Router as Wireless Bridge

Options
  • 25-02-2008 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭

Is this possible???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Should be, just plug the network cable into a LAN port, may need to disable DHCP server if something else on your network is handing out addresses though. Make sure the router either uses DHCP to get its LAN address, or assign it a static one from your network's subnet.

Ciarán.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

might depend on the box/software. I believe the older blue ones can only serve wireless, not be a wireless client. I know you can telnet onto the netopia and not use the web-interface, might be options in there for setting it as a wireless client, never looked there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

ceejay wrote: »
    Should be, just plug the network cable into a LAN port, may need to disable DHCP server if something else on your network is handing out addresses though. Make sure the router either uses DHCP to get its LAN address, or assign it a static one from your network's subnet.

Ciarán.

That makes no sense, I don't think the Netopia routers can act as wireless clients.

You can still pick up WRT54G's and use DD-WRT firmware to do just about anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Oops, totally misread the question :o

Ciarán.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Thanks for the replies - so looks like a Powerline Ethernet Adapter might be the cheapest way bar running an ethernet cable from one side of the house to the other?

• Advertisement
Advertisement