Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If u had the pick

Options
  • 25-02-2008 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

If u cud ave any car (new/old) for whatever reason what wud it be?
    Bear in mind,it'd be your only car and so you wouldd have to rely on it do the shopping/bring the kids to school/being stuck in rushhour traffic/getting it serviced.etc etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Current model M5 or Range Rover. I'll own one in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Origional C class, W202 model, I just really like these cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

E63 AMG Black

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭barryfitz

aaaaaaaawwwww not this thread again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

shanel23 wrote: »
    E63 AMG Black

Clarksons review fresh in your mind then is it?! Seems like a beast alrite, but €200,000 for a C class, I dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭blackbox

barryfitz wrote: »
    aaaaaaaawwwww not this thread again.

and in txt spk too!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Mid-80's Mazda 626 (saloon) :D:

Mazda_626_notchback_1984_London.jpg

My father had one back in the late 90's, a '85 1.6L model. It was a great car. Easy to service and maintain, reliable, and I liked the design of it. Not too many of them around now.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Clarksons review fresh in your mind then is it?! Seems like a beast alrite, but €200,000 for a C class, I dunno.

It was the C class he test drove ? - way too much power for that chassis - but the E is just about right :) Mind you love to see what the S63 would be like too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4.2 TD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Fiat Punto or maybe a Kia Rio, with mudflaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Two letters, one number, RS4

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Veyron. Then I could sell it, by a house, a work van, a fun car and a car for he missus.

Why settle for 1 car? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Mid-80's Mazda 626 (saloon) :D:

Mazda_626_notchback_1984_London.jpg

My father had one back in the late 90's, a '85 1.6L model. It was a great car. Easy to service and maintain, reliable, and I liked the design of it. Not too many of them around now.

Not so reliable after all!!!!

simple answer the new RS6 the most powerful production audi ever or the RS4 in the latest shape when it comes out,failing that id settle for an M5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

P1010005.jpg

FTW!

-VB-:D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Who's corolla did you nick the side repeaters off, VB?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

fletch wrote: »
    Two letters, one number, RS4

+1 my dream car right there

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Who's corolla did you nick the side repeaters off, VB?

:eek:

Excusue you! :D i had them in me toolbox.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Two fingers to all softroaders, SUV's, offroaders, Cruisers , Rovers and the Green Party ...

I'd get me a "Funmog" :D:D

ORC0308_funmog.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

1984 Aston Martin V8 Volante 7.0
    245283-3.jpg

or to be sensible

1968 Ford Mustang 302 5.0
    368956-3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Never took any notice of how similar the Carina is to the previuos model Avensis until I saw that picture.

She's a minter VB, the best car I ever used for silage field drifting was a Carina, a manual one mind you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

At the moment,

New: Skoda Octavia VRS Diesel
    Used: Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD 20V Diesel

I change my mind often. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 kill-joy

who ever said a punto is mad, I rather push a 205 around then drive a punto, there parts seem to be made of paper CTI-capote[1].jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'd go Audi A6 3.0TDi Tip Quattro Sport with a rake of kit. It's quick, refined, practical and not too expensive to run (which is part of the brief). The alternative would be a BMW 535d of some type.

As for M5s, RS4s and AMGs, you won't be big fans of those when you have to pay the fuel bills. I've had guys coming in to me to trade in cars like the S6 because they were going through €30 a day commuting out of work. Extrapolate that and you're paying €1,000 a month in fuel on top of some pretty hefty depreciation!!

The RS4 we had was even thirstier, you'd go through a quarter-tank of petrol on the way back from the petrol station to the garage.

peasant wrote: »
    Two fingers to all softroaders, SUV's, offroaders, Cruisers , Rovers and the Green Party ...

I'd get me a "Funmog" :D:D

ORC0308_funmog.jpg

Unimog's are cool. My granny is from Gaggenau where they are assebled (my mam used to work in the factory many moons ago). A unimog museum opened in the town a few years back. Great experience. They have loads of old ones and Merc donated them 2 (its a privately run museum) to use on a track they built at th emuseum. Think it was €10 or so to be driven round he track, I went 3 times :) . Totally freaked out when he started going up and over the bridge, it's ridiculously steep and feels like it's going to topple bacwards down the hill. :D

http://www.unimog-museum.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Stekelly wrote: »
    Unimog's are cool. My granny is from Gaggenau where they are assebled (my mam used to work in the factory many moons ago). A unimog museum opened in the town a few years back. Great experience. They have loads of old ones and Merc donated them 2 (its a privately run museum) to use on a track they built at th emuseum. Think it was €10 or so to be driven round he track, I went 3 times :) . Totally freaked out when he started going up and over the bridge, it's ridiculously steep and feels like it's going to topple bacwards down the hill. :D

http://www.unimog-museum.com/

Brillaint!! i think this is going to be penciled in on our up coming european road trip!! we are going past that neck of the woods!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

I like it. Best colour too. No sunroof tho. What trim is it, XLi?

Volvoboy wrote: »
    P1010005.jpg

FTW!

-VB-:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

JHMEG wrote: »
    I like it. Best colour too. No sunroof tho. What trim is it, XLi?

It's a GLi(or else an XLi with GLi bumpers). Tidiest Carina E I've seen since the one we had when I was younger.

GLi, velor, auto. Lovely!

-VB-

tossy wrote: »
    Brillaint!! i think this is going to be penciled in on our up coming european road trip!! we are going past that neck of the woods!!

If you have the time you can do a day driver training in it where you get to drive it yourself. You have to book it in advance though. I left the trip to the museum till the last couple of days when I was over last and was gutted when I found out it had to be booked. Going to ring ahead a couple of weeks next time and book the course Think they do it off in the mountains.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Volvoboy wrote: »
    GLi, velor, auto. Lovely!
    Fully electric? Shame you don't have the sunroof...

1.6 Lean burn? Have you got the mandatory squeaky power steering pump (only cos it loses fluid)?

Advertisement