Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

If u had the pick

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

E92 wrote: »
    It's a GLi(or else an XLi with GLi bumpers). Tidiest Carina E I've seen since the one we had when I was younger.
    My bad. XLi didn't have colour coded bumpers, did it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

JHMEG wrote: »
    Fully electric? Shame you don't have the sunroof...

1.6 Lean burn? Have you got the mandatory squeaky power steering pump (only cos it loses fluid)?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

yes! its been back to the mecanic with pumps in and out of the bloody thing and still not solved! so its loosing p/s fluid causing the squeak, yea its a 1.6 Liam Byrne.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ford Granada coupe in Roman Bronze metallic

Volvoboy wrote: »
    yes! its been back to the mecanic with pumps in and out of the bloody thing and still not solved! so its loosing p/s fluid causing the squeak, yea its a 1.6 Liam Byrne.-VB-
    Yup. Fluid has to be up to the brim.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

My bad. XLi didn't have colour coded bumpers, did it?

Nope. It had central locking, PAS and that was it really(Drivers Airbag came in 95). GLis had 4 leccy windows and leccy mirrors, as well as the body colour bumpers and different wheel trims.

XLis were basic even then. Didn't Toyota have to get rid of Lean Burn in 94 or something because of all the Nitrous Oxides that were part and parcel of Lean Burn technology? I only ever remember seeing "Lean Burn" on the boots of 1.6 Carina Es before 95 anyway.

• Advertisement

Didn't Toyota have to get rid of Lean Burn in 94 or something because of all the Nitrous Oxides that were part and parcel of Lean Burn technology?
    That's right. September 1994 the EU decided to make NOx untrendy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Nope.

I was of the same thinking until is seen this ad ; http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=899272

XLi with C/C bumpers?:confused:

Jaysus were off topic somewhat!

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

no offence, like ...but only Irish people could get all moist about a Carina ...:D

I was of the same thinking until is seen this ad ;
    Fcuk me, €950 for that. A mate bought a '93 GLi with 170k miles for €175 only about 2 months ago.

I reckon that one is a bit of a franky stein.

I was of the same thinking until is seen this ad ; http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=899272

XLi with C/C bumpers?:confused:

They didn't as standard anyway;). Practically all of them(the few that are left now) had shiny black bumpers. It's a bit like some of the BMWs with the *cough* M3 *cough* badges, or the "Type-R" Hondas etc.

Back on topic, I'd have an Audi R8 as my single car if I could. With the new V10 engine, whenever it comes out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

A bitch in underground car parks but I've never wanted anything else:(

dsc00100kd2.jpg

Except maybe for the SLR beside it!

dsc00101lg0.jpg

Isn't that what Paris Hilton drives?:p
    paris_slr.jpg
    eamon234 wrote: »
    Except maybe for the SLR beside it!

dsc00101lg0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Back to the SL then!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Isn't that what Paris Hilton drives?:p
    paris_slr.jpg

Surely that only adds to the appeal? :D

Stekelly wrote: »
    Surely that only adds to the appeal? :D
    My thoughts exactly:p.

My thoughts exactly:p.

E92 to his work colleagues/college buddies: "Hey lads, wanna see my new car... same one as Paris Hilton has got"
    College buddies: :eek::confused::p

• Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

peasant wrote: »
    no offence, like ...but only Irish people could get all moist about a Carina ...:D

+1 :D

We're still wondering why, peasant, aren't we, after all those years?

E92 to his work colleagues/college buddies: "Hey lads, wanna see my new car... same one as Paris Hilton has got"
    College buddies: :eek::confused::p
    ROFL:D! You got me good there!

Advertisement