Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Line of dead pixels on new monitor

Options
  • 25-02-2008 2:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

I've just received this monitor, plugged it in and powered it up. It's bloody lovely, apart from a yellow vertical line of pixels about 10cm from the left (takes up the full height of the screen)
    Before I apply for an RMA, is there anything I can try doing, or is it just a lost cause?:o

Oh yeah, it's the same regardless of me using the DVI (pc) or VGA (xbox) inputs, so is definitely a fault with my graphics card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You should contact Komplett or the manufacturers, most probably the manufacturers. In my experience monitor manufacturers allow somewhere between 0-10 dead pixels and will replace the monitor.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If it's the same in the bios, or it is visible when no pc is attached to it, then you'll be sending it back for repair / replacement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Not the kind of answers I wanted, but thanks nonetheless...
    Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and organise the RMA then:(

Advertisement