Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Lostprophets

• 25-02-2008 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

any word of the new lostprophets album? they are class...i cant wait!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I was actually listening to Start Something recently, some brilliant songs on it :)

Their newest album was quite good, but i found the first half the album to be waaaaay better than the second. So much so id normally listen as far as ''Cant Catch Tomorow....'' and then go back to the start no idea why,

hopefully the next album will be a bit more consistant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,904 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Start Something was good too. I'm trying to think of a third album they did that was pretty awesome too but Its on my tongue.. ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Liberation Transmission was the third album.

To answer the OP's question, their next album is being pencilled in for a summer release at present.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

can't take a band seriously when they blantly rip the bassline from Pat Benatar's classic "love is a battlefield".

i know there are only so many notes in music, but god talk about copying the exact same notes with the same rhythm and melody.

"Give an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of bass guitars..."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Motherpuncher

Really **** band . 1st album was pretty ok save for your mans voice and the lifespan of a fruit fly .

every single thing i've heard since that album is the biggest pain of scutterbums imaginable !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 bineye

Overheal wrote: »
    Start Something was good too. I'm trying to think of a third album they did that was pretty awesome too but Its on my tongue.. ****.

the fake sound of progress? its the only one not mentioned here
    Fad wrote: »
    I was actually listening to Start Something recently, some brilliant songs on it :)

Their newest album was quite good, but i found the first half the album to be waaaaay better than the second. So much so id normally listen as far as ''Cant Catch Tomorow....'' and then go back to the start no idea why,

hopefully the next album will be a bit more consistant

yea i'd be the same...
    Mr.S wrote: »
    love this band, Liberation Transmission was a bit emo poppy anthem type, but wasnt to bad.

their next album is due to be released before they headline Download in the summer.

Its going to be a lot heavier.

some leaked tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAC9R8jUyPk "Next stop.."

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7V4OOTLnBlU&feature=related "Weapon" (bad quality though)

well i have an mp3 file of "for he's a jolly good felon", as well as the studio version of weapon. have the dead and next stop live as well. but cant wait to hear the studio versions of all the songs that make the album!

watched the youtube vids, reminds me of glassjaw, (in a Okay way, studio stuff better be better)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

quite liked the first album, but God I think these guys are **** live, gave them the benefit of the doubt the second time I saw them but certainly wouldn't stomach them a third time........maybe they are better in a headline situation but certainly the festival shows I saw they were rubbish - which leads me nicely into somebody explaining how a band like this could be a headliner at Download ?????

they attract the crowds, as did MCR did last year, you know the sort, the 13-16 year olds ;)

im 18 in a couple of months and i love them:mad:

• Advertisement

i whole heartedly regret the above post already

bineye wrote: »
    the fake sound of progress? its the only one not

Bingo! And a great song too.

im 19 and love them. Dont worry;).

but you know the people im talking about, the emo generation and all that.

I think LostP can pull off download if they get the album out in time, cus it will be a heavy album which should change their image, and if its not out, people will think their still the same emo band, and they will get a bad crowd, like MCR did last year at Download

:) i do, thats what makes over 14's gigs sooooo bad :)

i dont think theyll get a responsive crowd at all to be honest
    like i think MCR are amazing (and i think if some of the cunts that were bottling them, actually gave em a chance, they might have liked em people in the music scene are to focused on being ''hardcore'' etc) but i dont think for a second that they should have headlined OR played the mainstage.
    I think it was more of a money matter why they where chosen to headline.

Chances are though that there will be a good band headlining the second stage at the same time. this year

[sorry that this is soooo incoherant]

Advertisement