Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL2+ Ethernet Modem

Options
  • 25-02-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭

looking for one to hook up to my network any ideas
    it's meant to go with a
    D-Link DIR-655 Extreme N WirelessRouter
    or
    Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Router
    l
    how good are these

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Varik wrote: »
    looking for one to hook up to my network any ideas
    it's meant to go with a
    D-Link DIR-655 Extreme N WirelessRouter
    or
    Belkin N1 Vision Wireless Router
    l
    how good are these

You need to clarify this a bit. Are you looking for an ADSL2+ modem to go with a pre-existing router, or the other way around?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

need both sorry for that,
    the two i name are the one i'm chossing from
    but there is not much info on ethernet modems that i can find,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

need both sorry for that,
    the two i name are the one i'm chossing from
    but there is not much info on ethernet modems that i can find,

Why buy separate components, both of those are purely routers with no ADSL modem? If nothing else avoid Belkin, they have a terrible reputation. You can easily get a combined wireless router and modem, like the Netgear DG834 variants or Linksys WAG354G.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I've had a lot of problems with Netgear stuff so do avoid them.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I had problems with a DG834 too, whereby it couldn't keep a stable connection. I've read that it is possibly down to the cheap Texas AR7 chipset they use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭Varik

the reason i was getting two is that i can't find one with wireless N(will settle for G) 4Port gigabyte ethernet and adsl2+ with some Qos

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tripswitch

the reason i was getting two is that i can't find one with wireless N(will settle for G) 4Port gigabyte ethernet and adsl2+ with some Qos

I'm in the market for something similar at the moment. From a quick look on Komplett, I didn't see any with gigabit ethernet ports. (You did mean "gigabit" not "gigabyte", right?)

Anyone got any horror stories or reasons to stay away from the Linksys WAG200G-EU? (router, ADSL2+ modem, 802.11g, four port 10/100mbps)
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=323162

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You can get lots of user reviews on products at www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk

Advertisement