Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen Irelands New Car...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

the lad is not right upstairs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I just can't think of any reason why he would pay money for someone to do that to his car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

the mind boggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

it has to be fake!! he doesn't seem the full shilling but still i can't believe that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'm not sure if it's anything to do with being not alright upstairs. He's obviously just a bit of a knacker, a Chav who happens to be talented at football and therefore loaded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

Maybe he bought it for his granny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

OMG my eyes my eyes !!

He'll give SUV drivers a bad name!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ouch, matches + petrol please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    who cares what the lad drives? crap thread tbh

Probably the City fans who pay his wages. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭patmac

Now that is so gay. Girlfriend pregnant me hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Looks photoshopped tbh. Or maybe I refuse to belive its real.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

I reckon people (mainly the media) need to give the lad a break. He is clearly not the smartest but stuff like this isn't really of any relevance to anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

in fairness, that is some monstrosity. I hope its fake. Its just too awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

DSB wrote: »
    I reckon people (mainly the media) need to give the lad a break. He is clearly not the smartest but stuff like this isn't really of any relevance to anything.

Why, the only reason to have a car like that is to draw attention to yourself - you do not have a car customer designed, especially like that, if you want to blend into the background. Nobody can moan about the attention someone gets for paying a crap load for a horrible looking car like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

mike65 wrote: »
    Looks photoshopped tbh. Or maybe I refuse to belive its real.

Mike.

It does look a bit fake alright, at least I hope it is!

Tauren wrote: »
    Why, the only reason to have a car like that is to draw attention to yourself - you do not have a car customer designed, especially like that, if you want to blend into the background. Nobody can moan about the attention someone gets for paying a crap load for a horrible looking car like that.

We all know the lad wants attention, no intelligent being decides its a rational and good idea to pull his cacks off in the middle of a match to show off his cool boxers. But like, people do need to leave the lad alone. He is only young, he is naive, he is stupid. He'll probably grow up and get a clue. But turning him into a laughing stock that he'll probably never be able to live down is only going to damage the lad. People need to ignore him and leave him be stupid. Do we really care that much about his ugly-looking car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

At least The Sun or other similar rag woulda just called a spade a spade and went with the headline "Ireland is Gay"

But turning him into a laughing stock that he'll probably never be able to live down is only going to damage the lad.
    We can hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

dancor wrote: »

Good one.If it is real you can understand why he did that whole granny dead thing - not right in the head AT ALL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

dancor wrote: »

:D Which one?
    Can't help it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

All he is missing is the "Barbie" sticker for the back window....jesus, what is he doing to himself, regardless of how good/bad/mental people think he is, can you imagine the abuse his team mates are going to (rightly) give him for that....hope he starts co-ordinating and wearing pink boots on match day too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Fair played to the lad, it's only a bit a craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Smegball wrote: »

Its a £90,000 pound car.

Its not "a bit of craic":rolleyes:

Smegball wrote: »
    Says Smegball in "Muff".:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Haha, fair enough, but to be fair, if he has that money to burn who honestly cares, you's dont all have to take this serious, it's only for a laugh probably.

We all know the lad wants attention, no intelligent being decides its a rational and good idea to pull his cacks off in the middle of a match to show off his cool boxers. But like, people do need to leave the lad alone. He is only young, he is naive, he is stupid. He'll probably grow up and get a clue. But turning him into a laughing stock that he'll probably never be able to live down is only going to damage the lad. People need to ignore him and leave him be stupid. Do we really care that much about his ugly-looking car?

We aren't turning him into a laughing stock - he does that all by himself. He knows he is in a high profile position, and knows things like this will only draw attention to himself. I have no sympathy for him if he becomes unhappy at the coverage his stunts get. He IS old enough to understand the consquences of his actions, it not like he is 7 years old!

Maybe he just doesn't care and its al just fun between imself and his mates, in which case fair play to the lad, and then it doesn't really matter what any of us say about him.

Babybing wrote: »
    Its a £90,000 pound car.

Its not "a bit of craic":rolleyes:

Which would be a lot of money to you and me, but probably little more (or less) than a months wages to him, so it could quite easiy be a bit of craic for him.

Tauren wrote: »
    Which would be a lot of money to you and me, but probably little more (or less) than a months wages to him, so it could quite easiy be a bit of craic for him.

whens the last time you spent a 12th of your yearly salary on a bit of craic?

Look footballers are well off but they are'nt super rich tycoons. The guy has a big mortgage, hasnt been playing in the top flight long and has a career span getting paid well of about 12-13 years if that.

Dont be fooled £90k is a lot of money even to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,082 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Look he obviously just has rubbish taste. i doubt he bought it as a pisstake that he doesn't plan on driving. There probably was a bit of the "for the laugh" in it, but id imagine its still going to be his car.

From how he comes across, and his bebo, the guy is essentially a very rich chav, what else should we expect then something like this? As was said, he'll grow up at some point (hopefully) and get some sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

over the course of a year im sure i spend more than 12th of my salary on craic ( not actually crack cocaine by the way!) but entertainment in general, booze, nites out etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

If ever there was proof needed that money can't buy you class.... it's right there!

Well done Stevie, ya certainly know how to grab the headlines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    the lad is not right upstairs

I've heard from some locals down here in Cork that he's the most normal of his family, but that that wouldn't be saying too much.

I don't think he'll ever play for us again.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Look footballers are well off but they are'nt super rich tycoons. The guy has a big mortgage, hasnt been playing in the top flight long and has a career span getting paid well of about 12-13 years if that.

Dont be fooled £90k is a lot of money even to him.
    Christ, the way you're talking you'd swear the spray job on the alloys and other parts of the car were actually £90k... More like £9k, if even... Peanuts to a footballer.

Stky10 wrote: »
    I don't think he'll ever play for us again.

Didn't he say only a week ago that he fully plans to return to the Irish team and is making himself available on the advice of Sven?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I really hope that car's for his partner otherwise it makes no sense. Unless he's a fan of Lady Penelope from Thunderbirds.

I really hope that car's for his partner otherwise it makes no sense. Unless he's a fan of Lady Penelope from Thunderbirds.

I dunno, its just the next step in an increasingly worrying trend. Pink Shirts. I've been giving out about them for ages. "Whats Next" I said. Well, This.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Didnt think i could lose more respect for him after he pulled a "Keane" and walked out on his country, but i have. Sad, sad man go away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Good grief I literally went :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Didn't he say only a week ago that he fully plans to return to the Irish team and is making himself available on the advice of Sven?

Yeah that really p*ssed me off to hear that...advice of Sven, f*ck off if ya need his advice to play

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Nice car. Tho I thought he would have got a convertable? One of those cars where the top goes on and off at will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Feel sorry for the lad.He's the next Gazza:(

Dubit10 wrote: »
    Feel sorry for the lad.He's the next Gazza:(

What an insult to Gazza:mad:

Pigman II wrote: »
    Nice car. Tho I thought he would have got a convertable? One of those cars where the top goes on and off at will.

heh, makin damn sure to crowbar in a wig reference, nice ;)

What an insult to Gazza:mad:

Oh yes, Gazza's sparkling reputation has been tarnished. The wifebeating did nothing to do that I guess.

Ireland couldn't lace Gazza's boots, either on or off the pitch antics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Savman wrote: »
    Ireland couldn't lace Gazza's boots

Nonsense! Ireland is a toplacer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

the lad is meant to play for Ireland, his name even says so...and we definitely haven't had enough of George Hamilton and the like commenting how coincidential this is...

Advertisement