Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Experience - Bad Experience

• 25-02-2008 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I attempted to move to O2 last week because of their "great" new deal! But all in all I have had a terrible experience with them. It was a simple port that generally takes 2-4 hours to go through. And I have been waiting 2 days, despite several phone calls!

I am currently waiting to go back to meteor.

Has anybody else had a terrible experience with O2???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 snap2007

Hi MLWhelan. I'm currently in town on business and I'm also having terrible difficulty with them. They are extremely inexperienced dealing with customers and there level of customer service is atrocious. I hope other people read this and seriously think before they decide to switch networks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

you can beat an egg, but you can't beat o2 :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

snap2007 wrote: »
    Hi MLWhelan. I'm currently in town on business and I'm also having terrible difficulty with them. They are extremely inexperienced dealing with customers and there level of customer service is atrocious. I hope other people read this and seriously think before they decide to switch networks.

sounds like you had a bad experience with O2 but that is not to say everyone will have same experience. i know plenty of people across O2/Vodafone/Meteor/3 who have had postive-&-negative experiences. i am with Meteor and i have never had a days trouble with them. then again a friend of mine had nothing but trouble since he joined Meteor & he ended up leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I have to say I have always found o2 customer service to be nothing but top notch. Not with them now because of the high data pricing but otherwise no complaints whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Did you port online or via a phone shop? Normally they are very quick to port you if you go via a shop. Were you left without service from meteor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Couldn't disagree more. Their customer service is the best of all networks, granted I can't speak for Tesco, but I've found them easier to deal with than Voda/Meteor and definitely Three..

Ported over from Meteor recently, call quality is lightyears ahead of Meteor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

is this regarding shop staff or customer care? if its shop staff then that goes against the manager or whatver training the individual has had but customer care being inexperienced with customers? complete nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

mlwhelan wrote: »
    I attempted to move to O2 last week because of their "great" new deal! But all in all I have had a terrible experience with them. It was a simple port that generally takes 2-4 hours to go through. And I have been waiting 2 days, despite several phone calls!

You'd swear this happened to every customer who ports to o2. To answer your question; I'm sure there are a few people who have had a "terrible experience"
    with O2, but there's also plenty of people who have had a "terrible experience" with the other networks too.

And no, I do not work for o2 before anyone asks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭frankymail

I moved from Meteor to O2 three weeks ago. The port only took 2 hours and their customer services is "top notch" in my opinion. As far as Free Texts go... GENIOUS

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Call into the shop and point out your case. The problem often boils down to the network your leaving, and it can take up to 72hours. Changing price plan to o2 Experience can also take this long.

Iv ported back and forth various people I know and my work number inlcuded and its been instant. Sometimes you can get dodgy shop staff but there phone support has always been very quick and efficent. There pure ****e when it comes to issues with Bebo Mobile tho.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Hi lads,

regarding this o2 experience? Is it a big deal to change from bill pay to the new speakeasy free texts to any network deal?

Im on the cheapest bill settings and using a stack of texts every month and cant afford to keep paying through the nose for it.

Got my bill set up in august last year, do you know do i have to honor a 12 month contract or can I change at any time???

regards
    etc

You can change at any time but you will have to pay a termination fee for the months up to August 2008. Are you with o2 already?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Yes on o2 Text life, i simply use too many text messages a month for it to be worth my while.

If you want to change it will cost you 6 months upfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Morphéus wrote: »
    Yes on o2 Text life, i simply use too many text messages a month for it to be worth my while.
    Im in the same position. I spend a fortune txting. I was thinkng of changing over to this o2 experience. But i want to get a new phone, and there arent so many good phones available for speakeasy. I cant upgrade until may so i cant get the phone and then change over to o2 experience because i think that deal ends in april?
    Anyway if you want to change from bill pay to o2 experience, this is the number they said to call: 1800 226 086

Another possible solution if o2 won't allow you to switch would be to port to Meteor for a day and then port back to o2 experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Changed over to it online there when they announced it first, took two or three days but after that there was no issues at all. Longest €20 has ever lasted me. Mind you, I've been an O2 customer since my first phone so I don't have the experience of coming from another network.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

phi3 wrote: »
    Im in the same position. I spend a fortune txting. I was thinkng of changing over to this o2 experience. But i want to get a new phone, and there arent so many good phones available for speakeasy. I cant upgrade until may so i cant get the phone and then change over to o2 experience because i think that deal ends in april?
    Anyway if you want to change from bill pay to o2 experience, this is the number they said to call: 1800 226 086

Careful now! If you upgrade on a bill pay phone you will be tied into another 12 month contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

SDooM wrote: »
    Careful now! If you upgrade on a bill pay phone you will be tied into another 12 month contract.
    Ya, i'm not sure, because when i asked them about it, they said they could change it over to speakeasy straight away. They said they'd send me out a sim and i could keep my number n all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Speaking as someone who HAS worked for O2, the stories I heard about other networks when porting in a new customer where basically exactly what you're saying about o2. :D Its one of those things you learn in retail- it happens to everyone with every company at some point, but people don't see the big picture. People tend to only see their own experience. Can't be blamed for that, either, really.

Ports aren't simple. It could be your old network holding things up.

Have you by any chance tried going into a shop? Sales staff in O2 stores will generally get the port done as quick as possible for you.

Advertisement