Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kinnegad/ Westmeath

Options
  • 25-02-2008 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

Am new to boards.ie so apologies if I make any mistakes here on my first posting.

I am currently residing outside of the Kinnegad area/ County Westmeath. I have not been able to get Broadband from anywhere but Lastmile and have had enough of them and their non-existent service and speed, but so far, this has been my only option.

The speed is so slow I think in part due to the contention ratio as it always seems to be snail pace speed between 7-11pm. Speed test was 30kbps up and 4.91kbps down which is actually slower than dial up and no response from their "customer service" team to date.:mad:

Have tried the mobile dial up cards and think they are reasonable for interim access to broadband but not a long term soultion, speeds between 7-11pm quite restrictive. Speed test; 55 kbps upload, 800 kbps down.

Any tips for alternative internet providers is greatly appreciated.:)

Advertisement