Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mk Dons Vs Swansea

Options
  • 25-02-2008 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Anyone having a bet on this match tonight. Was looking at swansea at 6/4. The team that wins this get to play in wemembly and with swansea 1-0 down from the first leg I can see them going all out for the win. Mk Dons are without there top goal scorer. Mk Dons are on a good run atm and beat Barnet 3-0 at the weekend. Swansea strugged to beat Luton but there match was on Friday night so they got an extra days rest. Mk Dons have played 3 matches in 6 days so hopefully that takes its toll on them. Thinking about doing them in a double with Chelmsford City 4/11. Anyone any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No not MK Dons! Never ever betting on their games again. Too many times they've f*cked a lot of people over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Xavi6 wrote: »
    No not MK Dons! Never ever betting on their games again. Too many times they've f*cked a lot of people over.

Yea I know they have let me down a few times but I think theres value on swansea at 6/4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why bet on two top teams? That said MK Dons as Xavi6 (and I) can testify have dropped the ball unexpectedly too often.

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    Why bet on two top teams? That said MK Dons as Xavi6 (and I) can testify have dropped the ball unexpectedly too often.

Mike.

Just think that the the fact that they will have tired legs on the pitch and that they are without there top scorer they will try and defend there lead and I reckon Swansea will be good enough to break them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭norm

I'll be taking Swansea as i think 6/4 is big for them. 2 players with late fitness tests, otherwise full squad available which Martinez intends using. Big-ish single for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Swansea for me at 6/4 is a great bet. I think I will have some of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

MK Dons have been hit & miss of late, i can see this being a tight affair but Swansea to nudge through 1-0 and to win in extra time (crystal ball stuff). I think they are well priced at 6/4

There 8/5 with ladbrokes if anyones intrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

m.j.w wrote: »
    There 8/5 with ladbrokes if anyones intrested.

Got that myself earlier, have in a treble with City-Everton to draw and a dog in the Arc tomorrow night.

Somebody pointed out to me a while ago that if Ladbrokes are showing best price on a football match, beware. Have looked at a few since then and seems to have a bit of truth to it. Hope they're wrong this time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Would Swansea to qualify for the next round at 2/1 (On PP) be a better bet than for them to win at 6/4?

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    Would Swansea to qualify for the next round at 2/1 (On PP) be a better bet than for them to win at 6/4?

Well they are 1-0 down from 1st leg so a 1-0 to them tonight will bring the game into extra time which will leave your bet still running but whatever you're having yourself.

EDIT I don't think there's extra time in the Johnstone's Trophy (I know there wasn't in the earlier rounds) so your bet could be depending o the lottery of penalties, not worth it for an extra 0.4 IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Collie D wrote: »
    Got that myself earlier, have in a treble with City-Everton to draw and a dog in the Arc tomorrow night.

Somebody pointed out to me a while ago that if Ladbrokes are showing best price on a football match, beware. Have looked at a few since then and seems to have a bit of truth to it. Hope they're wrong this time

I have to agree with what you say there. I always found in the past they can be a bit stingy with their odds. I have an awful record with them when they go best price about a team im considering. Makes me consider harder.

Does anyone know if any of the live score sites to the ryman premier league?

Well they are 1-0 down from 1st leg so a 1-0 to them tonight will bring the game into extra time which will leave your bet still running but whatever you're having yourself.

EDIT I don't think there's extra time in the Johnstone's Trophy (I know there wasn't in the earlier rounds) so your bet could be depending o the lottery of penalties, not worth it for an extra 0.4 IMO
    Fair enough but I reckon a bet from them to go through is a better bet than a bet for them to win the match.
    If they draw the match then go on to win the penalties and you onle backed the win you'd be a bit pissed.

They could draw the match and still go through giving you a better chance of winning for better odds.....

Fair enough but I reckon a bet from them to go through is a better bet than a bet for them to win the match.
    If they draw the match then go on to win the penalties and you onle backed the win you'd be a bit pissed.

They could draw the match and still go through giving you a better chance of winning for better odds.....

If they draw the match they go out cause they are 1-0 down from the first leg

Nope, if they draw they're out. They were beaten in the first leg so it's win or bust for them in ninety minutes.

Anyway, match kicked off 15 minutes agao and Mam is still watching soaps. Hate Monday nights

This match is 1.08 to be under 4.5 goals. I wouldnt go for it myself but I have seen much worse bets at them odds. Practically free money

m.j.w wrote: »
    Does anyone know if any of the live score sites to the ryman premier league?

Sky Sports website is pretty good, has the Rymans, Here's a link

http://www.skysports.com/score_centre/0,20793,,00.html

MK Dons 0 Swansea 1 20th minute, nice start

Cheers, didnt think they done the rymans league. Swansea 1-0 up:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Have city and everton to draw at ht and ft @ 3-1.
    Can see it 0-0 at half and 1-1 at full time!
    Heres hoping.
    Avoiding MK Dons as they keep screwing me over.

IrishMike wrote: »
    Have city and everton to draw at ht and ft @ 3-1.
    Can see it 0-0 at half and 1-1 at full time!
    Heres hoping.
    Avoiding MK Dons as they keep screwing me over.

We're screwed

Chelmsford 2-0 up
    Swansea 1-0 up

Gonna wait a little while into the second half and lay

Hows the match going?

Mostly in favour of MK Dons but still Swansea 0-1 up

Will lay them now so just to be sure

Happy days. Nice double for tonight. Would have won over a grand if i had of put in worchester like I was gonna but ah well, cant be greedy

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Had €20 on swansea myself.

Some of the penalties were top drawer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

MK Dons have been hit & miss of late, i can see this being a tight affair but Swansea to nudge through 1-0 and to win in extra time (crystal ball stuff). I think they are well priced at 6/4

Did not get this bet on in time:(

• Advertisement

Apologies for the mix up from me earlier. I was obviously not thinking straight.

Advertisement