Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hunting in October for American friend

• 25-02-2008 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi all - a friend of mine wants to come over and ride with the hunts in October.

I know nothing about the hunts so I said I would enquire.

She said she needed permission from her master and an intro to the master of whatever hunt she would be riding with.

a) We are in the Navan area - what hunt would be best? and how do I facilitate an introduction for her?

b) How would she get hold of a horse? (yes I know, by the reins ha ha)

Any advice would be appreciated. :o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Hi saffy. I know that at our hunt the americans hire from the huntsman so all the introductions are taken care off ;). But i would suggest ask around at your local hunt as to who hires hunters. Go to the hirer and ask him about this. Usually hirers are fairly involved in the local hunt and would have alot of pull when it comes to visitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Hopefully the real thing will be banned by october ;)
    but as for the horse, you can hire a horse or cob here so I'm sure people hire them out in other counties too, maybe check out the local papers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,673 ✭✭✭✭fits

kerrysgold wrote: »
    Hopefully the real thing will be banned by october ;)

Kerrysgold, could you please refrain from OT and potentially inflammatory comments such as this. Your personal opinion does not have to be mentioned every time hunting comes up in this forum. (However your personal opinion is welcome in any debate on the subject).

Consider that a warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,481 ✭✭✭finbarrk

If it's early October the hunting won't have started so tell them to leave it until later in the month. Some hunts don't start until the 1st of Nov.
    The Irish Field stud directory will have all the details and contact numbers of each hunt for you.
    Most hunts have a couple of people that hire out horses to individuals on a daily basis. It's €140 down our way per hunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭wildsaffy

Thanks all for your help - I think she will come for the Tara Harriers in late October and will try and track down another hunt soon thereafter........

• Advertisement
Advertisement