Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Leased line to replace Eircom broadband?

• 25-02-2008 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Since our office moved location our eircom connection has been absolutley terrible. We are looking into getting a leased line, but can anyone tell me the advantages of this over other methods? Or point me in the right direction? Ive checked out Eircoms site for prices and info without much luck and also requested an update on prices etc but have got no reply. Is there another provider that you would recommend for this, and for you who have an Eircom leased line have you had any difficulties with it?

Thanks for the info!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

OK there are a number of providers.

AirSpeed.ie
    Magnet.ie
    DigiWeb.ie
    Eircom.ie
    NTL.ie
    BTIreland.ie

The advantages - 1:1 contention / Full SLA on any issues / Gartenteed bandwidth / Speed upgrades without issue etc...

Disadvantages - Cost - 4mb least line = average €1000+ / month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Depending on your location I would go with Magnet's ASDL+2 service / Running in on 4 sites without any issues.

Advertisement