Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Problem

Options
  • 25-02-2008 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Hey peeps,

Having some problems with the Internet dropping very intermittently on a network. It drops at completely random times and each time can vary from 30 seconds to about 4 minutes.
    I had thought maybe its a problem with the router originally but when the net drops if i go to one pc on the network and change its DNS setting from the server to the router's IP then that machine will get the net back instantly.

Which leads me to believe its something on the server causing the problem, to the best of my knowledge the DNS is working fine, but it is the only thing i can think of that could be causing the issue.

Have u guys any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

try a different DNS, opendns.com

Advertisement