Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surface piercing (wrist)

Options
  • 25-02-2008 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

I've heard surface piercings and wrist piercings are painful and dangerous. Im concidering piercing my wrist (the top part, not the palm side with all the veins) Does anyone have any info on the healing process and rejection etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

are you thinking about a staple bar or just 2 microdermals? i had a microdermal in my wrist for a while, never really healed, hit it off everything and was a general pain in the arse.
    if you go for a surface piercing it will be as hard if not more. go talk to a piercer about it and see what they say. if worst comes to worst you can always just remove it before it starts to reject and leave scars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

it was a bar i was thinking of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

ive seen pics of them healed, never in person though.

you will find some here,
    http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/11-surface/spbody001.html

these usually reject but some people can heal em... personally i wouldn't but up to you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Aye, very high rejection rate with that piercing,
    Can see it just being a pain in the hole and then having to take it out!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Surface piercings aren't that painful to get done. I'd imagine one on your wrist will pretty much reject asap, unless ye don't move yer arm for about 6months. Its a high movement area, guaranteed to catch on stuff you never knew you could catch stuff on!

They're still well pretty though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 roybob

I got one done end of last september and hasnt rejected yet but it also hasnt healed fully yet( probably my lack of cleaning and abundance of touching it:D) either as when it almost there I hit it or the missus hits it etc, I got the staple bar done,and im too stubborn to take it out, takes a bit of getting used to especially if you work with your hands alot or with machines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

They aren't the most practical piercing in the world but I enjoyed mine while it lasted. Anything other than a staple shaped bar done horizontally won't work for a long time. This is also very dependent on your anatomy.

I wouldn't bother getting it done if your job involves lifting or especially if you play an instrument.

Ag marbh- I am drummer and I dont find it impedes me, are drums considered a musical instrument:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

roybob wrote: »
    Ag marbh- I am drummer and I dont find it impedes me, are drums considered a musical instrument:D

I thought it would be quite logical that the pressure of playing an instrument puts on the wrist area would increase the speed of migration. I play guitar and know if I still had mine it wouldn't have been very practical.

Ah i get ya alright matey, sure us drummers have very little logic:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement