Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Prepay Broadband

• 25-02-2008 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Has anyone seen www.three.ie lately? It seemes they're releasing a 3 broadband modem, but its prepay this time! Anyone interested?

t1mm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Ah yes, another great move from Three - more subscribers on a network which behaves as if it is at saturation point. If I were a 3 modem user I would be angry now...

Taken from Silicon Republic:

“We’ve been researching and testing this for the past six months and it’s really been on the back of the success of our postpaid broadband product. We want to keep that momentum,” Langton said.

Langton is the 'Head of Products' at 3. I'd love to know the 'success' he was referring to as judging by the mega-thread in the broadband section it has been far from a success from the customers' perspective.

Once again, Silicon Republic display a stunning lack of integrity continuing their role as PR for 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

its extremely successful from their point of view. They signed tens of thousands of people up to a product that didn't work because they cut corners on network investment and customer support

then they convinced most of them that the problem was a dirty sim card and fobbed the rest off, only giving a refund to those who found out the entire country was having the same problem and those who had the determination to see it all the way through to the courts. Most people just gave up in frustration

result: profit for 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Well the secrets out - intial rumblings suggest that the new 3pay data card will be priced at €179 or €149 if you believe silicone republic (a bit of a rip off considering a uk student can pick one up for £50 on prepay) and you can buy days of access eg

1 Day €5 3.2 Mbps
    7 Days €10 3.2 Mbps
    30 Days €25 3.2 Mbps

This will all be subject to a data cap or as they say in the trade "fair use policy". What this policy will be is unclear but I suspect there will be a certain amount of data specified per number of days.

Well done to the carphonewarehouse for letting the cat out of the bag on their website!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

neilled wrote: »
    Well the secrets out - intial rumblings suggest that the new 3pay data card will be priced at €179 or €149 if you believe silicone republic (a bit of a rip off considering a uk student can pick one up for £50 on prepay) and you can buy days of access eg

1 Day €5 3.2 Mbps
    7 Days €10 3.2 Mbps
    30 Days €25 3.2 Mbps

This will all be subject to a data cap or as they say in the trade "fair use policy". What this policy will be is unclear but I suspect there will be a certain amount of data specified per number of days.

Well done to the carphonewarehouse for letting the cat out of the bag on their website!
    Its all on enn.ie

the data caps are

1 Day 500mb
    Week 2gb
    Month 10gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

1huge1 wrote: »
    Its all on enn.ie

the data caps are

1 Day 500mb
    Week 2gb
    Month 10gb

The €25 isn't bad, but the cost of the modem is still a bit high if you ask me.

Advertisement