Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fury at tribute plan for IRA girl Farrell

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

TOMASJ wrote: »
    'YES' and

What the **** has that got to do with your arguement. Or is the IRA on a mission to free all of Britains overseas interests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Pathfinder

when you talk about, that slippery slope into homicidal insanity, I presume you include the british armed forces who have indeed as stated murdered musicians, Re (Miami showband) and children Martin McShane Coalisland Co Tyrone, Margaret Gargan Ballymurphy to name a few, You see no one involved can be portrayed as lilly white, the brits over and over in these post are deemed to have done no wrong in the occupied six. 'I WONDER WHY'

There is no evidence the British military murdered the Miami showband, bar one witness stating one of the killers had an English accent.

Thus Republicans claim it was Capt Niarac, in reality as an undercover operator he spoke in an Irish accent.

Futher the Showband played benefits for republican causes, its possible the republican PR machine, influnced their version of events.

Those convicted of the murders all recieved life sentences.

There is no evidence of any official involvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

You do know that this army band, was in a country that did not belong to them either, I presume that they were able to shoot as well as play music,so the rationale might be that the IRA had as much right to be in Spain as the brits,

Go and ask the Gibraltarians if they want Britain to be their parent country. You will be amazed at the answer as it will be a resounding yes. The British are in Gibralter because the Gibraltarians want them there! I do appreciate that that simple fact is beyond your comprehension though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Very true & well said andrewh5, and indeed the same can be said of the people of Northern Ireland (to an even greater extent), because the majority of people living in the North are arguably even more 'British' + Northern Ireland is also their Home Country (UK Region).

As far as most fair minded people are concerned the PIRA/RIRA can bugger off and disappear up their own ar*** instead of making vague/childish & empty threats about returning to the 'Good old days' of Bombing & shooting, and as regards the 'Gibraltar Three', their efforts were in vein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭conor2007

the ira have given up arms

the uvf/uda/orange order/dup have not

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

conor2007 wrote: »
    the ira have given up arms

the uvf/uda/orange order/dup have not

The sky is blue. Grass is not.

What was your point exactly?

my point is the dup are not squeky clean either

how dare they say she deserved to die?
    how can they blame sinn fein for being ira?
    how can they continue to blame ira when all the unionists terriost groups are still there?

the dup and orange order being the most open and obvious

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

But what do any of those facts take away from the fact that she was a terrorist attempting to perpetrate a terrorist act in another country?

What have the the DUP & the Orange Order got to do with this thread, Re Post #188 :confused:

she died

what does the fact that she was a ''terrorist'' got to do with it ?

• Advertisement

What are you on about?

(this thread is about Sinn Fein wanting to celebrate Miread Farrell).

which they should be allowed to do

i am pointing out the dup should not be allowed to say she deserved to die as they are more innvolved in terroism to this day whereas the ira has given up arms and sinn fein are in no way currently linked to the ira

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

She considered herself a soldier fighting a war. (I don't, but that's beside the point) How many soldiers do you know who complain that their job carries the risk of being killed? I'd wager not many. So, when she was on a mission, a military one by her standards, to attack an army marching band, and got killed, she was a soldier killed on duty. So why on earth do people whine that she was murdered? She was "murdered" the same way any other soldier is "murdered", on duty, so she gets no sympathy. Hell, if the IRA want to call themselves an army, they can take military casualties.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭knipex

duggie-89 wrote: »
    she was a freedom fighter who was gunned down in the street.

BULLS**T

She was a terrorist who planted bombs that killed innocent people.

People like here (on both sides) were a disgrace to the Irish nation and should be reviled not celebrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

knipex wrote: »
    BULLS**T

She was a terrorist who planted bombs that killed innocent people.

People like here (on both sides) were a disgrace to the Irish nation and should be reviled not celebrated.

Couldn't agree more. People like her were and are worse than animals and the only tribute that they deserve is a cold grave.

yes - but other soldiers are commemorated

cold grave - she may be a terroist by your standards or views

but your a scumbag by my standards if that your view of a dead person

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'll shed no tears for any terrorist murderer. If that makes me a scumbag, well pass the Burbury and Dutch Gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

but your a scumbag by my standards if that your view of a dead person
    :confused:

Do you think ALL dead people are worthy of commemoration?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The people of a little Island near China called Hong Kong, wanted to remain british, how come their wishes were not respected, and don't give the old chestnut about a 99 year lease, that would have been ignored if China had been a smaller country, might it have had something to do with them having a bigger army, and could not have been walked over.
    So you believe Gibraltar is rightly british? Yes or no?

I would have thought you'd support british withdrawal from HK following the expiration of their lease?

i am pointing out the dup should not be allowed to say she deserved to die as they are more innvolved in terroism to this day whereas the ira has given up arms and sinn fein are in no way currently linked to the ira

"The DUP involved in terrorism"
    Are you inhaling bostik or chasing the dragon? or do you live on planet Zog :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭TOMASJ

Pathfinder wrote: »
    There is no evidence the British military murdered the Miami showband, bar one witness stating one of the killers had an English accent.

Thus Republicans claim it was Capt Niarac, in reality as an undercover operator he spoke in an Irish accent.

Futher the Showband played benefits for republican causes, its possible the republican PR machine, influnced their version of events.

Those convicted of the murders all recieved life sentences.

There is no evidence of any official involvement.
    I think you will be reminded by our unionist friends, that the UDR were a british regiment and ‘they’ along with the sas were involved in the murder of the Miami show band, their bomb went off prematurely and two UDR/UVF members were killed (and where exactly was the republican benefits function they played at) and if they did play at such a function, does that make it ok for the brits to murder them (this post very hypocritical considering past post made about innocent people being murdered by terrorist) but then this was committed by good/british terrorist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Enough of this nonsense.

Conor2007 banned, ArthurF, consider yourself severely warned.

I'm closing this thread, the event has passed and noone seems to have anything sensible to say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement