Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't access a specific site

• 25-02-2008 5:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Here in work we have 3 pc's and 1 laptop connected to a standard eircom wireless router/modem. The laptop connects with wifi and all the pc's are cat5'd to it.

1 pc cannot access our company site, either by internet explorer or by outlook express for email. IE gives a 404 and OE a server not found error. This happened out of the blue recently

I've tried to do a ping and it doesn't come up with a responce, same with tracert, just a blank screen :confused:

If i look on to the router admin i can ping the site without problem.

Windows firewall is enabled but i don't see anything amiss in there, that said, i'm not sure where exactly to look. I've checked restricted sites in IE and its not in there

All pc's are dell dimensions running xp home

Its bound to be something simple but i've no idea how and why it would happen :confused:

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Do a start run, CMD, type Ipconfig /flushdns

Try the site again.

What happens if you type in the IP address of the site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Ok, i just done a flushdns and no change

Entering the IP address brings up the server page, its on a shared server

http://38.102.33.100/

If i go to http://38.102.33.100/~<accountname>/ the site comes up

I checked the hosts file just incase something might have changed it but its empty apart for teh localhost entry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,941 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Have you tried using an alternative browser on the PC such as Firefox or Opera? Reset the router via the internal menu?

I haven't tried a different browser, i will tomorrow.

I didn't think resetting the router would help as every other pc is fine and i can ping the site from within the router

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

FireFox uses it's own DNS cache in case it works.

You could try right click on the network card and do a repair.
    Run full spyware scan again to be on the safe side.

• Advertisement

Firefox couldn't access it either and doing the network card repair didn't help but a scan with spybot s&d threw up 7 or 8 problems and its working now. Not exactly sure what they are were but a few were just cookies. Very odd

Thanks a million!

Advertisement