Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pimsleur Spanish

• 25-02-2008 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone knows if the Pimsleur audio course is available from libraries?

Regards

cozmik

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

Please dont get pimsleur, it's really dated and boring. It doesn't teach you how to form sentences properly.

I 100% recommend "Michel Thomas" 8lesson beginner course. Click here to download a sample of the spanish course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

I like the Michel Thomas method but I prefer to listen to the native Spanish speakers that pimsleur use.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

If you want native spanish speakers then you should try and get your hands on set of audio lessons called "Learning Spanish like crazy". Google it.

It costs about 150yoyos...

Pimsleur is a very helpful course if you are going to spain to stay in an OLD FOLKS HOME or something... The spanish it teaches is too "proper" if you know what I mean. It's all very formal and dinner-table like. And the speakers are a bit dull.

Learning Spanish like crazy seems more lively, has younger people speaking during the lessons and is fairly extensive.

Try and download it if you have broadband, or I can sell you a dodgy pirate copy if you want.

Me gusta hacer el amor con las chicas espanolas todas las noches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

I like old people. :)

Advertisement