Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you do that really annoy your OH

Options
  • 25-02-2008 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

I'd have to say watching friends repeats every day rates pretty high... oh and if you asked him, the nagging prob isn't too popular either :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Lost and prison break annoy him.
    when i sleep with my back to him and my hair gets in his face...one night he got a blood nose and he tried to convince me it was my hair that did it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

My gf has to do things her way exactly, like she has to fold the towels... There's no need you use them to soak up water! Annoys me so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

Where do I start...

When I read in bed with the light on.
    When I toss and turn in the bed at night.
    When I "over spend" on crap.
    When I higher the tv volume. (he thinks I need my ears checked.)
    When I spend hours on the phone to my friends and family.
    When I get into one of my clean freak moods.
    When I leave all the lights on in the house.
    When I drive to fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

menstruate

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

That's classic quality, I was saying "check" for all of those esp the first one. Funny how he cannot come to bed without making a ferocius racket with particular reference to finding tomorrow's shirt, jocks, socks etc.

• Advertisement

Sangre wrote: »
    menstruate

Cos obviously you do that purely to annoy him... Does he even know how much fun we get to have every month :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Using the toilet seat as a litle table when doing my make-up in the bathroom (our bathroom is tiny) and leaving it there so he has to move it all when he wants to pee.

Insisting I'm right all the time.

I'm sure there's a lot more. He once told me I annoyed him more than anyone else in the world (we like to annoy each other and have little sparring matches, we very rarely fight so this is our way of getting things out of our system e.g. you're stupid, your face is stupid and so forth!) but I think it was kind of a compliment - like when Turk says it to Carla in Scrubs

Awww.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

He hates 24, Lost and Corrie (I only watch Corrie if I'm there and it happens to be on btw)

It bugs me when he waits too long before shaving and starts looking too scruffy.

We're great apart from that though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

the dee wrote: »
    He hates 24, Lost and Corrie (I only watch Corrie if I'm there and it happens to be on btw)

It bugs me when he waits too long before shaving and starts looking too scruffy.

We're great apart from that though :)

Ooh, the shaving thing. I hate hate hate hate that he doesn't shave every day. It's like needles being run all over my face. Hate it! He has got better since he realised that i wasn't nagging, and it wasn't me trying to stop him looking scruffy, it actually hurts me but still. It annoys me so much!

• Advertisement

I can proudly say I've converted my man to Corrie but he calls every other programme I watch "girly sh1t"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

my OH just alerted me to this thread. He said don't post on it - you'll be there all night. funny guy :D

+1 re making the loo into a mini make-up table - my OH can't stand it!!

Also he says (he's shouting the list into me from another room as I type) 'drip-feeding tasks', I said what's that??, I don't do that,, he said it's when you ask me to do something and I nearly have it done and then you ask me to do another thing and then when that's nearly done you ask me to do something else..... lol this is true, but in my defense men are like that, you have to coax them into doing things, make them sound easy etc. If I had said upfront 'will you take out the bins, put a wash on and pick up your clothes' he'd have a heart attack at the utter enormity of such a task, whereas breaking it down into manageable parts make it 'doable' (sorry guys but it's true!!:p)

Oh we should write a book. They're all the bloody same! Can't multi-task and expect a medal when they complete the simplest of things!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

I do other things while watching a movie but then when something interesting happens I regain interest and ask questions like "Is that the fella that killed yer woman earlier?"

It never usually is that fella. And sometimes yer woman isnt even dead.

Drives him bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

When I eat with my mouth open(I only do it a little!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

im a really messy person. i prefer to let it get bad, then dedicate a whole day to tidying. he isnt a big fan of this technique. also when i finish the milk and fail to tell him (i like it as a drink and with my cereal, he only has it in his tea).

im sure there's more, ill think of it later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

.. when i had an OH..

After 8 years.. just being myself annoyed her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Puddleduck

Hmm..lets see now..probably just about everything!!!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Hmmmmmm well you'd have to ask the Ex but it would more then likely be:

I'm always right.
    I'm very clumsy.
    I rob the duvet every night.
    I can't watch anything from a few minutes in it has to be right from the start.
    I've too much "stuff"
    I'm obsessed with sport.
    I'm too hard on myself, let people away with too much.
    I'm always tired/never get enough sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I'm really impatient and he can be really, really slow at get ready when we're going somewhere. Winds me up and i start nagging.

I'm sure there's loads but he's pretty patient with me :p

• Advertisement

No one has ever said anything....maybe everything I do is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

flirtin with other guys

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

absolutely nothing, i am perfect in everyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

when i touch him with cold hands..he literally jumps when i do that, i have to warm up my hands before i touch his skin..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

Hmmm!

If I'm listening to music or reading something on the web and he asks me something I'll register that he's talking to me but he'll have to repeat it 3 or 4 times before I'll actually hear him and usually by the time I register that he's talking to me he's raising his voice slightly and I end up snapping "What!" at him which really really bugs both of us. We're always snapping at each other over it.

There's probably more but I can't think of them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

Femmy wrote: »
    when i touch him with cold hands..he literally jumps when i do that, i have to warm up my hands before i touch his skin..

hehe i do that just do annoy him. or cold feet in bed. im a b*tch :p & im ALWAYS freezing.

other than that, he hates me going on at him about stuff. but sometimes i bloody need to! he hates pretty much anything i want to watch on tv, except for desperate housewives, skins and the panel. (i dont actually watch too much else, just when im flicking & decide to watch something like coronation st - doesnt like that at all..). oh & im terrible to share a bed with, takes me ages to go to sleep, and i always need to get up & go to the toilet at some point, drives him mental cause i always end up waking him.

wow i feel like a terrible gf :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Suzywuzy

One of my fingers clicks when I bend it haha, and he really cant stand it !!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭DubLegs

Appartently i grind my teeth at night (sure how would i know!) and i'm too much of a morning person for him. also the questions about how everything works! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

when i dont listen to what he's saying or dont answer a question as soon as he asks me! oops!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Hmmm.... at the end of my last two relationships i think it was more the things i didn't do.

Why the hell people go out with someone on the assumption they can change them is beyond me.

I'm me. Deal with it.

Advertisement