Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Good Charlotte - The Good Morning Revival

• 25-02-2008 6:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,904 ✭✭✭✭

I'll start by saying this album is a major deviation from their previous tripe, Like 'Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous' and 'Girls & Boys' *shudder*. I never could stand them. In comparison, this actually sounds like Music. And I like it.

'Misery':

The single, 'The River', features Avenged Sevenfold's own M. Shadows (vocals) and Synyster Gates (guitar).

Edit: wow this video was removed pretty quick..

Their other single, 'Keep Your Hands off my Girl' , sounds decidedly different, and has an interesting guitar riff.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

as many bands that i listen to that other people think are dire, i personally for one still cant take these guys seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

while i sincerly dislike Good Charlotte as people, this album i must admit is quite good,

never the less they could NEVER be forgiven for the tripe they put out before this album, its all AWFUL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,904 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It certainly was. in a cruel twist of fate my player just shuffled over to Girls and Boys *delete* I really need to mod what I keep on here >_>

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Listened to the tracks above and its certainly not the worst i've heard , not bad actually, but can't see them be'en takin seriously! Ruined it for themselves by playin on the 'Mickey Mouse club' and other kids shows!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

God I HATE Good Charolette and Avenged Sevenfold. Dire, dire rubbish (IMO)
    The above stuff is borderline not bad, but they have a back catalog of utter ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i don't think they're nearly as bad as everyone would like to think. as songwriters they're very good. they just need a good producer to give them guidance and keep them away from trying to be cool for the sake of it.

the newer material seems to be a step in the right direction for them though. i recall before they got signed there was a record label bidding war, all the while the people who run warped tour and members of rancid, nofx et al were trying to steer them out of that area of music. i guess in the end the money was too much to turn down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

These guys suck ass harder than a gigantic sucking device with 17 hoovers attached.

It doesnt matter what they do now or in the future,they are muck.

This is of course only MHO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,904 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

nedtheshed wrote: »
    These guys suck ass harder than a gigantic sucking device with 17 hoovers attached.

It doesnt matter what they do now or in the future,they are muck.

This is of course only MHO.

I'll take that attitude on board when reading your opinions in the future ;)

seriously - did you bother to listen to it at all or is this just a prejudicial thing :rolleyes:
    i don't think they're nearly as bad as everyone would like to think. as songwriters they're very good. they just need a good producer to give them guidance and keep them away from trying to be cool for the sake of it.

I think it was their producer that steered the sound of 'keep your hands off my girl' which isnt half bad. Even better when compared directly against typical dancefloor ****e.
    Moojuice wrote:
    The above stuff is borderline not bad, but they have a back catalog of utter ****e.

I completely agree - I hated their old stuff - but my brother was playing this album over christmas a lot and it never once occured to me it was Good Charlotte. I too havent paid any time listening to their older stuff which sounded like garbage imo. One or two of the songs sound emo (like 'All black' - imagine blue by Eifel 65, except it doesnt sound as cool, its about the color black, and its written by emos) but theres a fair couple goodies nestled in there.

'broken hearts parade' also sounds kinda good (bit too upbeat for some people) and puts me in a summer-esque mood:

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭djfitzerjnr

i think their a good band!! they have a target audience and it works for them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I think their poppy stuff is funny and cute. But I like some of their more serious songs a lot. I think they seem like decent lads and they write about stuff that matters to them like their father leaving etc..

I had their first album, was ok. Never bought the second one. I have The Chronicles of Life and Death, Predictable is a nice track and I do like that new one Misery. Might download it.

Oh, that last track is cool. Guitar is really sweet. Nice one.

Does anyone know what vid was set in an office and they were trashing it? Can't find it on youtube.

• Advertisement
Advertisement