Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche Feedback- Little Harvard

Options
  • 25-02-2008 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I am considering sending my son to the Little Harvard crèche and was wondering if anyone had any feedback on the group?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

There is none in north county Dublin.

http://www.littleharvard.ie/locations.htm

It sounds like a pretentious place.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

PG24 - I presume that you want to know about the facility in Rosemount Business Park. You may get a better response in the Parenting forum. You could also try Rollercoaster.ie or eumom.com.

FWIW - While the name may be somewhat pretentious :rolleyes:, their approach to childcare (according to their website) would tick a lot of my boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PG24

Thanks for the feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Thread moved to Parenting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I'd object to the name before everything else. *Cringe*

Why not little UCD or Trinity? :-p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

simu wrote: »
    I'd object to the name before everything else. *Cringe*

+1... I winced :(

From looking at their website, I don't see how they're any different to any other creche out there, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

To be fair, the OP is not looking for opinions on the name of the place. It's a given that it's cringeworthy.

Does anyone have any experience of the services offered, be they good, bad or indifferent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

is this not more suitable to the pre school forum??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

is this not more suitable to the pre school forum??:confused:

Depends on the age of the child.. the OP didn't say so we're assuming he/she is interested in the creche facilities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 carlsberg69

the managemnet in Little Harvard is such a joke, all they seem to care about is money, they dont care whether the children are settlin g in or not, theyll say anything to keep the parents happy. In the Bray creche the montessori is a joke, there are 20 kids with only 2 teachers, the ratio is supposed to be 1 teacher to 8 children, so it says outside the door anyway, they dont have the proper montessori materials and no1 seems to care, at the moment my child is attending the montessori as the last 1 closed down and i couldnt get my child in to the school i wanted, hopefully ill find a better place asap. I wouldnt advise any body to send their kids there, all they care about is money, children are just a number to them. :mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Is this the place David McW**lia*s took the pee out of?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

, there are 20 kids with only 2 teachers, the ratio is supposed to be 1 teacher to 8 children,

get on the HSE straight away and report this. There are very strict guidelines about the child:staff ratio.

There is a large back log in the HSE inspecting facilities, so if you have any issues like this, please contact the HSE and let them know LoCall 1890 424 555

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

deisemum wrote: »
    Is this the place David McW**lia*s took the pee out of?

Yep, thats the one. Although I think it was the parents rather than the place.

BTW, DMcW did a talk in my work and was absolutlely hilarious. I was in tears :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

If at all possible, stay away from the chains and choose an owner managed creche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 carlsberg69

thanx im going to ring them 2moro. My child seems to like the place and most of the staff but i cant shake the fact that he is seen as only money for their pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 faking it

hi ,i had to regester when i read your message,O.M.G, What should i say abou L.H in bray, what an absolute joke,i have had first hand experience with that business and thats all it is to them, is a business.First and foremost,the montessori is crazy,thats the only word i can think of,the room is overcrowded,theres 20 children in that classsroom and some days i have counted 22,and theres only 2 teachers in that room,and in fairness,those 2 teachers are doing a wonderful job with the kids and trying their best with the resources that they have,which is not much,as you can see when you walk into the room,i am not a teacher, but i know the teachers are lacking alot in montessori equipment and they have little or no arts and crafts materials,i do feel so sorry for those 2 teachers, i much prefer to deal with them and not the management as they are the ones teaching the children not the management who are not qualified in teaching.The management are all over the place,they have no control over that whole set up,also going back to the montessori room,2 days in a row i had went into the childrens toilets with my child before class had started and there was no toilet tissue?????now come on,my heart dropped,and they say L.H has high standards,thats a joke.Also the management are so fake ,you can see it a mile away just speaking to them,all our children are to them is euro signs,euro signs and more euro signs,never in a million years will i ever step foot in that place again.......;/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Go to the HSE an complain, demand the facility is checked out.

There are extremely strict quideline in relation the number of children in a room and the number of staff per child.

if you go to the HSE website, you will be able to find all this information but you cannot expect things to change unless you start complaining.

I work in childcare, you really need to complain to the right people not on the interweb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bamboo2012

SarahMc wrote: »
    If at all possible, stay away from the chains and choose an owner managed creche.

yes, thats true, i couldnt agree any more!! owner occupied creche are much much better;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Please do not bring up old threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement