Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryvita 2 for €2 multigrain & sesame seed in tesco

• 25-02-2008 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

Ryvita 250g packs are 2 for €2 in tesco until 23 march, best before is august so I am stocking up. It is only on the multigrain & sesame seed versions, my favourite is sesame anyway. They are usually 1.89 each and these multigrain & sesame come in 250g packs while the others are all in 200g for some reason. So it is like 2.5 packs if you normally buy the plain ones, I think normal ones are usually ~€1.50 per pack.

Also got chicken fillets at the deli counter €1.25 each, didn't seem a great deal but it worked out €7.90 per kilo for the 4 I got. Lots of other chicken offers , tesco & moy park but I don't think I saw any free range stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Thanks for the tip, just bought them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

rubadub wrote: »
    Ryvita 250g packs are 2 for €2 in tesco until 23 march, best before is august so I am stocking up. It is only on the multigrain & sesame seed versions, my favourite is sesame anyway. They are usually 1.89 each and these multigrain & sesame come in 250g packs while the others are all in 200g for some reason. So it is like 2.5 packs if you normally buy the plain ones, I think normal ones are usually ~€1.50 per pack.

Are they a healthy snack, i.e. would they be better than say plain rice cakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Are they a healthy snack, i.e. would they be better than say plain rice cakes.
    Probably as good or better. A lot of rice cakes can be from white processed rice. I hate the smell of rice cakes. It all depends on brands, some can have a lot of oil added, or salt etc.

The sesame ryvitas have more oil than the others, since it has sesame seeds/oil in it. Still is low in fat

I get tubes of tomato puree, I put a put on a ryvita and spread it like butter, then put on some grated cheese and microwave it for about 10-15 seconds so the cheese just begins to melt. They are like little pizzas, quick n easy and very low in cals.

A lot of rice cakes are quite expensive, per kilo wise. A big pack might only be 100g, but this can help peoples who have trouble controlling portion sizes. 4 ryvitas are about the same weight as a slice of mc cambridges bread.

I just had some for my lunch and they are delicious. I particularly like the smell of the sesame seeds, very appetising. Now I will have to try not to eat them too often in case I get tired of them, which is always something that I do when I am counting calories and find a good product!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I particularly like the smell of the sesame seeds, very appetising.
    Yeah I love the smell, I always did but never knew exactly what it was! it is in many chinese dishes. Whenever I cook with sesame oil people comment on the nice smell, and many don't know it is sesame.

You can get the oil cheap in asian markets. Sharwoods do one that should be in normal supermarkets. Costs a bit more but well worth it, a little goes a long way. It burns easy so you should fry at a gentle heat, or else fry in little or no regular oil and then add some sesame oil after it is cooked. Great for salads too.

• Advertisement

Cool, I think I will get my hands on some. Cheers rubadub. :)

Advertisement