Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spurs Chances Of Keeping Berbatov?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

He's 19, and at the time they played United, he had something like 19 goals in 20 games for Lyon. To be honest that's fairly impressive and I think better than what Rooney did at that age.

At 19 Rooney had already played at the euros and scored 4 goals in 4 games. He had also already played 2 seasons in the premiership. That's fairly impressive too. I'm dont want to knock the french league because I don't watch it but i'll go out on a limb and say the standard isnt the same. That being said 19 in 20?? that's an impressive return in any league

My point is just that i'd like to see more of him at some higher level to justify the hype, the euros this summer would do nicely :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Mad_Max wrote: »

My point is just that i'd like to see more of him at some higher level to justify the hype, the euros this summer would do nicely :P

I think Euro '08 is going to be fantastic. If Ronaldo and Benzema are on form then we are going to see something really special:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Is Benzema even first choice for France?
    Surely he can't be ahead of Henry nor Trez?

Either way, Euro 08 should be great, because lots of the big teams has a star youngster.

France - Benzema
    Portugal - Ronaldo
    England - Rooney
    Spain - Fabregas

One of them is going to perform and get all the plaudits, I wonder which one it'll be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

PHB wrote: »

Either way, Euro 08 should be great, because lots of the big teams has a star youngster.

France - Benzema
    Portugal - Ronaldo
    England - Rooney
    Spain - Fabregas

One of them is going to perform and get all the plaudits, I wonder which one it'll be :)

England are in it now yeah! :rolleyes:

Opps :)

I was thinking though, who are Italys star young talents coming through?

Taxi for PHB!!!!!!!!!

That kid for inter, although Italy dont blood youngsters til there 27 or 28! They gotta be hard as nails to get in as a youngster in the Italian squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

i dont see torres signing for liverpool.

:confused::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭genericgoon

This seems to be a mistake rich thread. No torres at Anfield, England at the Euros. Is there something being passed about this thread. Also Berba is quality but overpriced. Benzema would be a risk at that money. Im sure at least one striker will be coming to United. But I doubt it will be Berba. If Spurs fulfil their potential next season he'll stay, if they don't I expect he'll become sullen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Whats with all the talk of Benzema? He had a good game! So what! Was it not your man Kearney for Cork that destroyed Depor a few years back and people taught he was great and destined for bigger things....not after happening! I reckon Benzema will move to Spain and dissappear into mediocrity!

• Advertisement

The B man has spoken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Whats with all the talk of Benzema? He had a good game! So what! Was it not your man Kearney for Cork that destroyed Depor a few years back and people taught he was great and destined for bigger things....not after happening! I reckon Benzema will move to Spain and dissappear into mediocrity!

while i am on record as saying i dont want him at the club right now, i will also go on record as saying, you are wrong in my opinion, this guy looks the real deal, all the attributes needed to be a world class striker and the single mindedness to go and do it.....while i do think he will probably move to spain, i doubt it will be into mediocrity

he hasnt just had one good game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A good game?

Just because you haven't been watching the lad doesn't mean he isn't talented.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Trezeguet has been left out of the last few squads, including their last 3 qualifiers and has threatened to quit the national team.

Benzemas national career is in it's infancy and he only has a handful of starts, but I think he will be in the first XI come Euro '08, alongside Henry. Even if he isn't he will definitely feature and will probably make such an impact Domenech will be forced to start him in subsequent games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Jaysus, better hide that from DesF!:D It was Wes Hoolahan from Shelbourne, who's currently playing in the Championship with Blackpool now. And you can hardly compare the 2. Benzema is top scorer in the French league and a French international. His reputation isn't just based on one match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

He also destroyed Rangers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Benzema = Brilliant.
    Berbatov = Brilliant.
    Voronin = Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Mr Alan=Crazy

Pighead=Correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Was it not your man Kearney for Cork that destroyed Depor a few years back and people taught he was great and destined for bigger things....not after happening!
    rofl @ Kearney destroying Depor :D
    An Citeog wrote: »
    Jaysus, better hide that from DesF!:D
    :D:D I don't even know why I clicked into this thred tbh, something drew me to it :D
    It was Wes Hoolahan from Shelbourne, who's currently playing in the Championship with Blackpool now.
    And if GioTrap truly IS the savious of the national team, he'll have Weso as the first name on the teamsheet.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    Voronin = Brilliant.
    Jaysis.
    Mr Alan wrote: »
    Pighead=Correct
    Mr Alan agrees with Pighead shocker!! :eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I don't see why Berbatov can only maintain his performances until 31. He strikes me as a player who will continue until a ripe old age.

I wasn't talking about Spurs signing Torres or Liverpool signing Berbatov by the way. That's just silly talk. I was talking about them signing for that rich club in West London.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I was talking about them signing for that rich club in West London.

To be fair QPR are a bit of a long shot at the moment.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

OPENROAD wrote: »
    To be fair QPR are a bit of a long shot at the moment.
    Not for long, not for long!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Not for long, not for long!

Indeed ;) always had a soft spot for them, hope they get up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Indeed ;) always had a soft spot for them, hope they get up.
    No.

There is only room for one team that wears Blue and White Hoops in the PL.

its bordering on pathetic des!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Opps :)

I was thinking though, who are Italys star young talents coming through?

Quagliarella is pretty damn good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Quagliarella is pretty damn good.

He's also 25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

He's also 25.

Which is young by Italian standards :D

Italy don't tend to go for too much youth. Quagliarella was the fourth youngest player in the last squad with only De Rossi (almost 25), Palladino and Aquallani (both born in 1984) younger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Has anyone...apart from the press and the bookies...actucally said anything about Berbatov leaving Spurs?

I can't see why he'd leave, I doubt he could see why he should leave.

Obviously there's the CL but from what I've seen I wouldn't bet against Ramos gettng Spurs there quite soon.

Berbatov = good striker -> rumours about ManU buying him -> pointless threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭pd101

Theres too much maths going on in this thread :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

simple really...
    Ramos gets £40m budget to spend in the summer...
    Benzema to spurs for £38m
    Robinson + £2m to pompey, David James to spurs.

obvious really..

Just what Spurs need, another striker :rolleyes:

If Spurs buy another striker without selling one of Bent Keane or Berbatov, the entire board should be shot. Central midfield, left wing and CB all desperately need to be looked at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

Just what Spurs need, another striker :rolleyes:

If Spurs buy another striker without selling one of Bent Keane or Berbatov, the entire board should be shot. Central midfield, left wing and CB all desperately need to be looked at

completely agree, thats what SHOULD happen, but what WILL happen is we'll blow the whole budget on benzema, claim he's too young and not ready, make him sit on the bench with €16m darren bent where they discuss their sign on bonuses, meanwhile for some unknown reason keane will be dropped and we'll bring back defoe after he scores 6 for portsmouth... and keane and defoe will swap and chop and change for months before ramos remembers keane is just better... meanwhile we'll still be lacking midfielders and our backline will be injured... but we'll score lots of goals, games like reading at home will become common place... ticket sales for spurs games will go through the roof as the most entertaining side in europe, we'll temporarily move to wembley to accomodate demand while we build white hart lane to 240,000 all standing stadium, then the board will sack ramos for finishing 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 5th... and bring back martin jol... im telling u, this will happen!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Spurs should try and get Silva from Valencia.. class player, don't know if yous could get him though!

Advertisement