Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sniper rifles

• 25-02-2008 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

only one i actually like using is m4a03, maybe r700. why are the others so bad though, im sure the rest of you have been screaming at the tv "I HIT HIM"?! is there a patch coming to resolve this registry?

Comments

I think the Barret is class. I love the big boom it makes and is so satisfying when you get a headshot :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

The m4a03 is the best sniper rifle.
    The barrett just sounds nice but is nowhere near as accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I never really thought the rifles would vary in accuracy.... (as long as you were scoped-in)
    I'd use the Barrett for the sound and the damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jonski

Dcully wrote: »
    The m4a03 is the best sniper rifle.
    The barrett just sounds nice but is nowhere near as accurate.

we know....but it sounds sooooooo nice !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

There is actually a bug where the bullet does not go where the dot is on screen , the bullet goes actually exactly at the centre of the screen. All of the big Leagues now use a no sway mod for CoD4 alongside the PAM 4 mod. This issue is going to be addressed in a future patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i play sniper in most games, and found cod to be very difficult at first, the m4 rifle ( first one) is definatly the best..

im finding it pretty easy now as im used to it, and thats on xbox not pc.

id just advise using stopping power perk and be patient, you guys got dedi servers, we have on the fly, so imagine my rifle woes :P

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

no im playing on the playstation and manage to do well as a sniper, 17 kills 0 deaths there yesterday playing online but i still find it quite annoying. my favourite thing would probably hitting a guy while he is sprinting across the screen. so satisfying!!

Trust me lads,sniping on console version is a lot easier than pc.
    Main reasons being the slight auto aim on console version but also pc gamers can move and change direction a lot faster than those on console using a pad.
    On pc you got rapid strafing left and right,jumping and proning all in the blink of an eye.
    Also many times on the 360 i thought i missed a guy only for him to drop down dead,so different on the pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

im sure it is and i didnt try and say it wasnt, cant manage playing on the pc at all, football manager is as far as i can get!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm working through the 100 kills on each of the rifles at the moment. Just finished the M21 which I hated to start with but loved by the end. Having a hard time adapting to the M4a03 now in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭jasonbourme.cs

Dcully wrote: »
    Trust me lads,sniping on console version is a lot easier than pc.
    Main reasons being the slight auto aim on console version but also pc gamers can move and change direction a lot faster than those on console using a pad.
    On pc you got rapid strafing left and right,jumping and proning all in the blink of an eye.
    Also many times on the 360 i thought i missed a guy only for him to drop down dead,so different on the pc.

but you can also aim a lot faster with a mouse and keyboard than a joypad :D

but you can also aim a lot faster with a mouse and keyboard than a joypad

Thats true but the whole process is speeded up which is not good as my reflexes are slowing down :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Patch 1.4 fixed them, easier on PC, no need to hold your breath for two days before shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

The Barrett .50 is cool but noisy. R700 is a good balance i think :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I find you need good pings (which I don't always have) for the sniper rifles. Otherwise theres a lag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Patch for the Xbox 360 version was released to fix the sniper issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Standard sniper is the best

.50cal is overhyped

Just pick the first one...M40A3 or something, and add stopping power, and deep impact/iron lungs to it and your sorted :)

Advertisement