Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thinking of moving to mayo

Options
  • 25-02-2008 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

In the process of making a decsion to move to ballinrobe in Mayo. Is there any options for BB with out a phoneline? At the moment the only option seems to be a 3g card. But then i cant use it in a shared network (Wireless) Multiple laptops can access it in the same house?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Is it in the town of Ballinrobe?
    Westnet is available in several nearby areas: Partry, Ballintubber, Clonbur & Tourmakeady if you have line of sight to the AP's. Not in Ballinrobe tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

snaps wrote: »
    the only option seems to be a 3g card. But then i cant use it in a shared network (Wireless) Multiple laptops can access it in the same house?

Put your 3g card in a wireless router, then multiple laptops can use it no problem. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

If you are south of Ballinrobe, we might be able to service you. Our coverage currently extends to the area between Neale and Cross and there are plans to extend that.

Kind regards,
    Martin List-Petersen
    Airwire
    http://www.airwire.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Ballinrobe its self (near St Josephs school). I think the 3g card is favourite. see there doing some sort of pay as you go deal soon. So if i get USB 3g modem, how do i connect it to a wireless router? Does it have to go through a PC? My wireless router just has lan input and 4 lan outputs? I have wireless laptops that could be used as an access point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

snaps wrote: »
    Ballinrobe its self (near St Josephs school). I think the 3g card is favourite. see there doing some sort of pay as you go deal soon.

AVOID AVOID AVOID. This is another Three product and will only exasperate their already poor service.

If you want to share a 3G connection then you'll either need to set up ICS on one of the computers, or get a wireless router than can accept a USB or PCMCIA 3G modem. These aren't all that cheap though, and if it's the PCMCIA one then you'll also need to get a PCMCIA modem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

hey there!

Try and give Westnet a ring Im with them but outside Castlebar and they are a local company with a very stable network!
    Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

hey there!

Try and give Westnet a ring Im with them but outside Castlebar and they are a local company with a very stable network!
    Nick

:rolleyes: they don't cover the town of Ballinrobe. I install for them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Ok, thanks lads, I just do not want added expense of line rental.

Advertisement