Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Study Plans

Options
  • 25-02-2008 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Most accounts, newspapers reports etc. I've read, it says the best thing to do while studying for the Leaving Cert is to make out a study plan and stick to it. I think it's hard to spread 7 subjects out over the 5 schooldays and the weekend. Plus, I'd like to take Sundays off, which means doing 2 subjects on a Saturday. Just wondering, other students that have made out a timetable, how do you study and what timetable do you have, how long each subject and is it one subject a night etc? Would love to hear peoples thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭teckoda

A good thing to do is to do 2 hours of study a night. And study an hour min of each subject a night. So say, 2 subjects a night. And those subjects you need to work harder on, add them down for further study during the week.

And maybe 4 hours spread across 2 periods of 2 hours with a break.

Thats the plan we used to follow in Limerick Tutorial college. Pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I do study from 3.30 to 5.15 in school to get my homework done and study for any upcoming tests. Then I do 2 subjects at 40 mins each between 7 and 8.20, a 20 minute break, and then two more subjects from 8.40 to 10.00. Thats served me well most of the year

I've made numerous study plans and have never been able to stick to the set plan of them.

I do after school study every day from 3:45 - 7:00 with two fifteen minute breaks in between. That usually just makes up homework.

When I get home I try and do another 2 hours or so - usually two subjects only. Saturday, I get up to start study at 10am.. then usually do two hours per subject. Same with sunday. I obviously take breaks in between.
    I lose my concentration very easily. Especially with home ec = (what a stupid subject!!!!!!!!!)

Advertisement