Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where are they now, the (nearly)forgotten heros of old.

• 25-02-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭

As the title says, where are they now?
    For instance where is Golddust, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and everyones favorite; Hillbilly Jim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Hellm0 wrote: »
    As the title says, where are they now?
    For instance where is Golddust, Hacksaw Jim Duggan and everyones favorite; Hillbilly Jim

Goldust aka blackreign is in TNA. Jim duggan is under WWE legends contract and I dont know about Hillbilly jim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Golddust
    Now works for a comedy promotion that runs out of Florida called TNA. He walks around with a rat on a leash (no, not Terri) and acts all scary but in reality he's just Golddust,just a bit fatter and a bit more ****.
    Hacksaw
    Remarkably, inexplicably remains employed by WWE. Still caries a stick and shouts Hooo a lot and walks around with a vaguely constipated look on his face giving a thumbs up to no one in particular like a contestant in the Special Olympics. Like Golddust he's now a bit fatter and a bit more ****.
    Hillbilly Jim
    Don't know, don't care. But whatever it is hes up to, hes bound to be a bit fatter and a bit more ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

flahavaj wrote: »
    Now works for a comedy promotion that runs out of Florida called TNA. He walks around with a rat on a leash (no, not Terri) and acts all scary but in reality he's just Golddust,just a bit fatter and a bit more ****.

Remarkably, inexplicably remains employed by WWE. Still caries a stick and shouts Hooo a lot and walks around with a vaguely constipated look on his face giving a thumbs up to no one in particular like a contestant in the Special Olympics. Like Golddust he's now a bit fatter and a bit more ****.

Don't know, don't care. But whatever it is hes up to, hes bound to be a bit fatter and a bit more ****.

Best answers ever & so true. :D

Hellm0 (This link will give some more info.) http://www.wwe.com/superstars/wherearetheynow/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hillbilly Jim presents a radio show and he's always at WWE organised events in the lead up to Wrestlemania

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Fascinating stuff, here I was thinking that mayhap one of them may of had a sordid mystery death or some kind of seedy motel scandal. Cest la vie.

On another note though fair play to hillbilly jim, he always did have a radio voice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I know there's a Bob Heenan thread on this but as of the last observer I got which was 2 weeks ago, he was still in a very bad way after his surgery. He must be in hospital close to 6 weeks at this stage and it didn't sound good.

I know there's a Bob Heenan thread on this but as of the last observer I got which was 2 weeks ago, he was still in a very bad way after his surgery. He must be in hospital close to 6 weeks at this stage and it didn't sound good.

It must be closer to eight, wasn't he in hospital for Christmas? I hope he makes it through alright

Fozzy wrote: »
    It must be closer to eight, wasn't he in hospital for Christmas? I hope he makes it through alright

Yeah it was around then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is anyone else actually terrified at the thought that Hacksaw is still wrestling in 2008? he was over the hill back in 1990!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭AlphaMale 3OO

krudler wrote: »
    Is anyone else actually terrified at the thought that Hacksaw is still wrestling in 2008? he was over the hill back in 1990!

Yes. It's a complete joke. What purpose does he serve? It's not like a win over Hacksaw for a youngster translates as a decent push does it?

forbesii wrote: »
    What purpose does he serve?

What purpose does anyone serve? Apart from a few guys, WWE could let go 90% of anyone from their roster and it wouldn't mean a thing.

Hacksaws a guy that shows up, puts his thumb in the air, shouts HO and might do a running tackle as a finish if your lucky. And I bet it's still over 18 years later on house shows.

]Hacksaws a guy that shows up, puts his thumb in the air, shouts HO and might do a running tackle as a finish if your lucky. And I bet it's still over 18 years later on house shows.

Indeed it is, he gets a bigger reaction on Heat than anyone else it seems from the few times I've seen it recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Yes. It's a complete joke. What purpose does he serve? It's not like a win over Hacksaw for a youngster translates as a decent push does it?

Umaga beating the dayights out of hima few weeks ago was very funny:D:D
    Nobody does a squash match as well as umaga:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Hacksaw is a regular on Heat, had a bit of a thing with Super Crazy a few months ago. Still as terrible as ever

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

in saying about hillbilly jim does he not have some job with wwe, i think i heard something about him being a road agent or something like that a while ago.

Yeah hillbilly Jim is under a legends contract still , he is also a rep for WWe and turns up to events also. Not only that but he still looks in great shape :eek:

No I'm still convinced Hacksaw is worthless. Vince, there IS loads of worthless guys on the roster but the thread is about heroes of old etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

maybe they keep some of the deadweight & "legends" around so they can do what they did to trips after the clique moment in MSG. remember him fighting henry godwin in the pig sty shortly after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭R.Rated

No I'm still convinced Hacksaw is worthless. Vince, there IS loads of worthless guys on the roster but the thread is about heroes of old etc.

How is he worthless when he gets a bigger pop than half the bloody roster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I would be interested where the headbangers are.

Oh and also Ed Ferrera, surprised TNA in their infinite wisdom hasn't signed him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

He's a terrible worker with a terrible look and a lame finisher, yet he gets the loudest pop on HEAT. I'd be happy enough if I never saw him again, but the live audiences seem to lap him up. Go figure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

I would be interested where the headbangers are.
    Glen Ruth(Trasher) retired from wrestling. Charles Warrington(Mosh) wrestles occassionally in Florida.
    Oh and also Ed Ferrera, surprised TNA in their infinite wisdom hasn't signed him up.
    He worked for them as an announcer when they first set up, but didn't last long.

Ah, wikipedia. Where would we be without you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Just read this update, seems the healing process is going very slowly :(
    Regarding the health of Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, he is showing very slow improvement from reconstructive surgery on his jaw, which put him in a medically induced coma for a few weeks. Heenan is still unable to speak, but now communicates using a chalkboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I think Ferrera was only there until Don West got the hang of commentating (please no jokes of why is he gone then). Anyone who has seen/heard Don West on TNA's first show would know how bad he was and that he has come on quite well.

R.Rated wrote: »
    How is he worthless when he gets a bigger pop than half the bloody roster.

Because when I see him coming I tend to want to go do something else. And because citing the other thread you started, he's the type of guy that makes me embarassed to admit to some people I watch wrestling. He's fat, he's old and he's oh so bloody boring to watch.

, he's the type of guy that makes me embarassed to admit to some people I watch wrestling. He's fat, he's old and he's oh so bloody boring to watch.

To be fair he's on Heat. He's not main eventing Raw every week.

thats right i suppose.

Advertisement