Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

4 Gardai Suspened Amid Assualt Claim

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭santosubito

Im not getting heated, just debating a subject. :D

In relation to this, the Ombudsman has prosecuted 1 Garda to date, for having a bald tyre. .

Are you sure about that? I think it was the gardai themselves who prosecuted that member. I'll check.
    [EDIT: yes, the Garda was charged around October last year. The family only said they would go to the ombudsman in January of this year.]

I think, to be fair, themissue of the four gardai suspended is almost unique. It's likely that at least one of them will be facing serious charges, such as aggravated burglary and false imrpisonment.
    You've also got to feel for the two students who were questioned bybthe Ombudsman. Not forgetting the two lads who were on the task force and were sent back to their stations as a result of a clown losing the head...all because someone got he better of him the night before.
    People will be sacked and, probably, jailed over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

I think, to be fair, themissue of the four gardai suspended is almost unique. It's likely that at least one of them will be facing serious charges, such as aggravated burglary and false imrpisonment.
    You've also got to feel for the two students who were questioned bybthe Ombudsman. Not forgetting the two lads who were on the task force and were sent back to their stations as a result of a clown losing the head...all because someone got he better of him the night before.
    People will be sacked and, probably, jailed over this.

not aggravated burglary, they werent stealing anything. students cant be questioned by the ombudsman, they cant be arrested or forced they can only by asked for a witness statement.

Yeah, but hold on, if you're a student and you're told to talk to the OMbudman, are you going to refuse? That's an interesting point about the aggravated burglary, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Folks,
    Lets me very careful what is mentioned here. This is a current investigation and we don't want any information going into the public domain unless it is released by the proper authorities.

I trust people will use their common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Eru

Yeah, but hold on, if you're a student and you're told to talk to the OMbudman, are you going to refuse? That's an interesting point about the aggravated burglary, though.

I think they should be aware that they are not subject to GSOC and as I understand it they are clearly told they remain civilians until attested.

Would anyone make a statement they didnt want to without seeking legal advise? Rather foolish I would say and students arent children, many are in their late 20s or early 30s.

Advertisement