Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran - TS heaven Gay Hell

Options
  • 25-02-2008 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

I happened upon an interesting program which was on last night which might be of interest to the good citizens of this forum.
    It was basically a documentary on transsexuals in Iran and followed the course of a male to female transsexual. Interestingly enough such gender-reassignments are permitted within the country and part funded by the state (50% of the total cost) and even allows for alterations to the birth cert.
    As you can no doubt imagine homosexuality is *ahem* somewhat discouraged and with these operations seem to be seen as a possible 'cure' and a possible work around.The outcome is very mixed to say the least.

I'm sure it'll be on the beebs video service, should you think it tickles your fancy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctwo/listings/programme.shtml?day=today&service_id=4224&filename=20080225/20080225_2100_4224_27801_60

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

How a state could be so short-sighted and hypocritical is beyond me...

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Great for someone like me but not so good for gay guys. In some Arab countries men can change their identity and essentially become women without surgery as such. It's a peculiarity of the whole Islamic homophobia thing.

Advertisement