Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

usit canada(will they extort me?)

• 25-02-2008 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey!
    ok im embarking on the under 35s usit canada programe .. i suppose im a bit worried about how much usit are guna extract from me when i have to book the flights seen as i cant book with anyone else so id say they can pretty much charge what they want ... Anyone out there who did it? and could you tell me are they fair?(with the fare?) :(
    Thanks ,

Katiek

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 almo

i found the usit fare to be reasonable enough- the whole programme including flights, insurance and visa fee came to about €1000.
    its quite pricey but its the easiest way and canada is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

I thought my flights were gonna be ridiculous prices last year but they only charged €540 to Toronto, flying home from New York, with British Airways, so not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

You can save a few hundred on travel insurance by going to http://accidentgeneral.ie. They are well used to dealing with people looking for an alternative to USIT for canada.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 lk1977

usit rip you off with the flights, that is the only reason why they insist you book with them, same with insurance, avoid the programme unless you are really desperate to go to canada and have alot of money to spare (my whole cost so far is currently nearly 2000 and I havent even set foot in canada yet!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

oh, boo hoo petal :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 sepultribe

i found the usit fare to be reasonable enough- the whole programme including flights, insurance and visa fee came to about €1000.
    its quite pricey but its the easiest way and canada is great.

Were you just flying to Toronto though? The Vancouver stretch adds a few $'s to the price. I've had to pay €1,700 for the program, flights and insurance. It's pricey but hey, this is Ireland, what do we expect? It'll all be worth it sitting down by the beach on the Pacific ocean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

Was thinking of headin to Canada for 6-12 months myself sometime after the summer. snowboarding etc would be great. is it easy to get jobs over there and is it expensive? if i saved any thing over there it'd be useless to bring it home as the euro is poundind the rest of the worlds currencies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

yeah it is pricey so far its cost me close to 2000 for everything, but i dont see it being amazingly cheaper with anyone else...

I shopped around asking about flights and everywhere i went, I found it so be pretty much the same price. The only thing That might be cheaper, is the insurance? Which you don't have to book with usit if you didn't want to.

I just did because i found it easier to book everything at once and in the same place. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Showtime!12

Heya do u need to have a set amount of money in the bank goin to Canada and is it hard to come by jobs??
    Im currently out in the UAE gettin sick of the place but I know a month will be more than enough at home!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭smellybiker

you need a 1000 canadian dollars in the bank back here and proof of that - i'm worried about the entire cost of this aswell. i've just sent off all my documents and are waiting for the canadian government to process them - then i book my flights!!

i'm not flying til the 27 dec so i'm expecting that they will be alot more expensive since it's a peak time of year!! oohh i'm getting sick here thinking of the total cost. i've tried ringing usit to ask for the approximate cost and they kept telling me to wait till the canadian government has responded. i'm not looking to book a flight, i just wanted to know an average price - is there anyway of finding this out??

• Advertisement
Advertisement