Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tipperary motor speedway court case

Options
  • 25-02-2008 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭

Dont know if this has been posted before,sorry if it has. It seems that the final ruling on the tipperary motor speedway court case is that the track can only be used between the dates may 1st to october 31st each year,with no activity whatsoever outside of those dates.This years fixtures are not affected. Not exactly ideal, but not a great situation either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,230 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Why what was the case about?

* Just googled it there, doesnt seem to good for them. Hopefully they can get it sorted, had plenty good days there when the D1 was just getting going.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Why what was the case about?
    A guy that had a stud farm nearby took them to court because of noise levels and such.Its been going on for a few years apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Why do I get the feeling that the RIAC are not pulling out the stops to defend this?

PS I Know knowt about the case, just expressing sentiment... :(

or is the RIAC a "dirty word" down there?

Oilrig wrote: »
    Why do I get the feeling that the RIAC are not pulling out the stops to defend this?
    Not sure about that, but the ruling seems a little harsh though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

That is bad news for the speedway. I've been on it a couple of times go-karting and had a great time. I wonder which was there first the track or the stud? The track should not have had these restrictions unless the restrictions were placed during the planning process and then only could the stud owner have lodged an objection. Failing that surely the court could have considered a restriction on the times the track can be used.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭HotRodDub

Well the track has been there since the early eighties and I believe the stud farm owner is quite new to the area (not sure how long).

The ruling is not all that bad. I'm speaking only from the oval racing point of view, the racing season in the North only runs from April to October, so it'll be in line with that. The Christmas meeting will be missed.

As for drifting, etc not sure when the D1 season usually starts or ends.

I do feel for Mr Barry, apart from a couple of big Hot Rod meetings a year, I'd say he makes most of his money from the Karting business, and with that limited to 6 months of the year then I'm sure he'll see a big loss of earning. I see the Bangers are making a return to Tipp in June after a few years in exile - this is a real crowd puller so you can understand him bringing them back.

Not an ideal situation but not completely bad either, tracks across the UK have been shut down due to noise complaints in the past.

Is that a definate about the bangers in june, is there any dates yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

Is that a definate about the bangers in june, is there any dates yet?

I havent heard it from the Promotor, but I know a couple of the lads in some of the National Banger teams and they've been told this by the promotor - but for the team being we've got Nutts Corner, roll on Shamwreck in April!!

Advertisement