Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stage Crew jobs in Dublin.

Options
  • 25-02-2008 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Was wondering do theatres have there own satge crew or do they use external companies for each production. I was thinking of looking for a job back stage, I have 6 years experience in the O'Reilly Theatre with over 20 shows all of very high standerd.

Anybody help me out with this?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Depends what you mean by crew. Most theatres have their own in-house technicians but touring companies also need techies to travel with their shows. Big venues have a crew that they work with regularly for load-ins and load-outs, follow-spots etc and that can be fairly steady but a lot venues cannot guarantee continuous work so crews tend to chop and change depending on the needs of a particular production. If you have six years of experience contact a technical or production manager (venues/companies).Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Drodan

Well we did everything basically, designed/built the sets, get ins+outs etc.
    I'll drop a few CVs in round town and see what happens, thanks man.

Advertisement