Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IFA Telecom and Wireless

Options
  • 25-02-2008 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭

Sorry to be burdeoning everyone with this stoopid issue but here is my query

I am getting DSL in for my parents from IFA telecom.

I have opted not to get the wireless modem from IFA Telecom ( as you have to pay a monthly rental on this !! )

I have a spare Netopia Wireless Modem ( Netopia 3347WG ) which I used before with an Eircom DSL line I used to have

My questions are :
    Can I set this Netopia Wireless Modem up so that it will work with the DSL Broadband from IFA telecom ??

Can I just plug the phone line straight in to this Netopia Wireless Modem ??

OR

Im presuming IFA telecom will supply me with a regular modem and the phone line has to go to that first and then to the Netopia wireless modem ??

Any help here would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

I'm 99.99% certain its just a matter of putting in your username and password into the netopia config.

Keep after them, they are as slow as a wet week of Sundays.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,599 ✭✭✭obi604

thanks for that reply

So your saying, just plug the phone cable from the wall to my netopia wirless modem, the input the USername and Password that IFa telecom supply me with ??

Advertisement