Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recurring dream where I'm motionless.

Options
  • 25-02-2008 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

Ok so this one happens fairly often, build up can vary but the end result is always the same.

It can start where I'm in my room, alone in the house, and I simply walk down stairs, go through the sitting room to get a cup of tea and I see just this extremely dark man (colour not race),as if light was getting sucked in towards him like a blackhole standing there arrogantly looking at his his right hand then glances up and smerks at me. My instinct is to run out the front door and all the doors open but I can't move. My body is frozen and I try to scream but while I make the effort no noise can be heard. The end happens a lot but it may not always be in the kitchen.

Other one is where I'm in bed and hear something outside. I get up and pull back the curtains to see, usually three, dark figures breaking into my mam's car. Again I try shout but nothing, I then start to bang on the window in frustration but the just soak up the impact, then i see the same sort of smerk and usually wake up.

Am I going mad here or what? Or am I simply reading to much into dreams.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭bibbly

Hi,

I think there is no such thing as a normal dream so i wouldnt worry about it.

As far as i know dreaming about being frozen or unable to move is common and is due to the brain, switching off the part that causes movement. Otherwise we would all act out our dreams. (like sleep walkers sometimes do).

I read a bit about Freud and he said that all dreams are some kind of want or need in the sub conscience.
    So, you should look out for symbols in your dreams, a bright light may symbolize something in your life, a new job, or a new beginning.

Reoccurring dreams are usually always frightening, its your mind dealing with some fear you may have.. It is something in your life that you feel a bit insecure about, or something your having difficulty coping with.

The solution of course, is to identify that fear and face it.
    But overall you don't have to read too much in to your dreams your definitely not going crazy ,,

best of luck,

Advertisement