Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

social welfare office in waterford

• 25-02-2008 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

i guess some things never chaange was out in the social welfare office to day some guy going off his head about not getting his dole lets just say they have to put up with alot of sh.. there's alot of angry people out there i reckon its pressure now that things are slowing down i think were going to see alot more of it.anyone else experence angry people lately:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I'm sure this happens in dole offices across the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Was signing on a few years ago and saw a fair bit of people loosing the head with the staff out there, can understand peoples frustrations but I still feel its unacceptable behaviour.In my experience the staff out there were always pleasant and very helpful, a massive difference in attitudes from some of the people that worked there in the 90's.
    The staff over in the health board, on the other hand were a shower of *****.Have heard alot of bad stories about them cutting rent allowance on a few people,.One story concerned a mentally disabled girl who was receiving the allowance for a few years and then they told her that the rent was too high and they wouldn't pay it. My understanding off the situation was that they originally got her the apartment and had no problem paying the allowance.As far as I'm aware the whole thing is resolved but the girl was treated like dirt.Of course if she had to be some one who probably didn't deserve it and had a tendency to raise their voice and act like a scumbag she would have gotten everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭henboy9

hey meatwad -i understand where your coming from.it seems to me that the people shouting there head off know the system inside out.as long as they get what they want and f...k everyone else.( CRAZY BUT TRUE)

Advertisement