Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local bus services - request stop/flag down

Options
  • 25-02-2008 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭

I'll freely admit this is a daft question and probably common knowledge - but I'm still not back into things fully, here in Ireland. For the local bus services will they pick up en-route? Haven't sorted a bike yet so looking to grab the Clifden-Galway bus (#419) which goes along the road near me (Corcullen). Timetable just shows Moycullen then the bus station. The information line comes up as an invalid number and couldn't get an answer on another number for the station (called during office hours), so appreciate any guidance and then you can slag away :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You mean to stand on the bog road and flag it down as it approaches? I'd say it's up to the driver to stop, if he feels like it/he understands you/safe to stop.
    I've seen them stop to let people off but never really to pick up by the roadside.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

biko wrote: »
    You mean to stand on the bog road and flag it down as it approaches? I'd say it's up to the driver to stop, if he feels like it/he understands you/safe to stop.
    I've seen them stop to let people off but never really to pick up by the roadside.
    Thought I'd ask - one or two people suggested it to me but I'm not up on their policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭afatbollix

on the more rural routes they usually stop any where on the side of the road..

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭ciotog

Can confirm that - worked out well today getting to and from work. Thanks for the input guys.

Advertisement